Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 04:09 PM

4 posts, read 33,308 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, I'm in the process of buying land...I've seen numerous large beautiful Parcels of land some with creeks on them and even cabins that are in the Ozark's,Drury, Gentryville, Branson,Springfield and Salem areas and NO ONE ever bids on them you would think with owner financing low down payments no prepayment penalties, And for years theses Parcels have been continually placed back up for bid! Can anyone tell me why if the Ozark is such a beautiful and pristine place with no building codes,zoning etc why no one ever get these properties?! I heard Crazy stories such as UFO lights, Racism, ghost etc, but I'd rather here from real people from Missouri, that know what's going on! If Missouri has a lot of Racism that would be good to know because we are not a Caucasian family...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 07:15 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,563,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle3240 View Post
Can anyone tell me why if the Ozark is such a beautiful and pristine place with no building codes,zoning etc why no one ever get these properties?! I heard Crazy stories such as UFO lights, Racism, ghost etc, but I'd rather here from real people from Missouri, that know what's going on! If Missouri has a lot of Racism that would be good to know because we are not a Caucasian family...
Lots of UFO abductions that the media won't tell you about. Same thing with ghosts and paranormal activity. It's a cover-up.

Also, there are snakes here. And spiders. Big ticks and horrible chiggers.

It's hotter than the hinges of hell in the summer and colder than a witch's heart in the winter. There are about two weeks of comfort in the 52-week year, one week in May and one week in mid-October. Unless it rains those weeks. Then the whole dadburn year is shot.

I'm not even going to talk about the tornadoes. Some people will, and they'll try to play down the danger, just like the media does. Don't believe everything you hear or read. That's all I am going to say.

Who told you it is pristine? It's a wasteland.

Some people refused to listen; they transplanted themselves here and started putting in zoning laws and building codes and higher taxes and the like, so it isn't much different from where you are.

Don't come here. Stay in Califoreignya.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:43 PM

10,020 posts, read 8,641,644 times
Tell her the real reason, she's going to find out anyway if she comes.

Ozark Howler: The American Black Dog of Death?

A Search for the Ozark Howler

Old 09-03-2014, 08:28 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,489,025 times
To be specific we have copperheads, cottonmouths and rattlers, brown recluse spiders, tarantulas, black widows and more. As for tornadoes, one touched down 10 miles from us as he crow flies not all that long ago and left behind millions of dollars of damage.

Most Califoreigners don't last long in these here Ozarks and for good reason. It's primitive and decidedly not for the citified or faint of heart.

I remember a couple from California who moved here a number of years ago and built a nice, five bedroom house so their children could come visit. They spent a lot of time and money taking trips to Kansas City to get their city fix and to California to visit their children. About four years later they pulled up stakes and moved to be close to the children again. Their children never did visit them here and they never had anything good to say about the Ozarks..

If you really want acreage I recommend Florida. It's more diverse, warmer, has the ocean and I'm sure there are still sizeable portions of swampland for sale.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 09-03-2014 at 08:56 AM..

Old 09-03-2014, 10:58 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,656 times
Gotta love the Ambassadors for the Ozarks.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:08 PM

639 posts, read 767,130 times
The Ozarks are wonderful and a pleasant place for good people to live. All are welcome.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovekcmo View Post
The Ozarks are wonderful and a pleasant place for good people to live. All are welcome.
See what happens when they get citified? They get confused; folk from KC most of all.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:38 PM

208 posts, read 236,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle3240 View Post
I heard Crazy stories such as UFO lights, Racism, ghost et...
Yes. Those are all crazy stories.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCitySam View Post
Yes. Those are all crazy stories.
...from the other side of the state (St. Louis) and also citified.

Guess these city slickers stick together, Ozarksboy.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:25 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,188,782 times
tornadoes ..but pretty area, semi friendly, but not West Virginia friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area