Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2008, 03:07 PM
NCN NCN started this thread

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times

Advertisements

We have our reservations in Branson, now what should we plan to do. We like sightseeing, good clean shows, boating, parks. We don't drink alcoholic beverages and are senior citizens with limited energy.

We only have four nights which changes into only three days to play. I would really like input from the natives, but if you visited there and have ideas I will not turn a deaf ear.

I am not looking for the most popular, but what do you like to do in Branson after having lived there for years. What is historical about Branson. Sorry! Right this minute I don't have a clue except that I have been told there are lots of places to eat and lots of shows. That's O. K. but I bet some of you have some better ideas. Thank you for any help and don't hesitate to answer. I will read the posts and decide what we would like.

I did this when we visited Fairfield Glade and we ended up with a wonderful vacation because of the knowledge of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 12:47 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
We have our reservations in Branson, now what should we plan to do. We like sightseeing, good clean shows, boating, parks. We don't drink alcoholic beverages and are senior citizens with limited energy.

We only have four nights which changes into only three days to play. I would really like input from the natives, but if you visited there and have ideas I will not turn a deaf ear.

I am not looking for the most popular, but what do you like to do in Branson after having lived there for years. What is historical about Branson. Sorry! Right this minute I don't have a clue except that I have been told there are lots of places to eat and lots of shows. That's O. K. but I bet some of you have some better ideas. Thank you for any help and don't hesitate to answer. I will read the posts and decide what we would like.

I did this when we visited Fairfield Glade and we ended up with a wonderful vacation because of the knowledge of others.
Well, our tastes are considerably different, however, I think I can safely recommend the Titanic Museum. I have heard that it is wonderfully interesting and historical.

I do not recommend the Landing as it is nothing more than "yet another mall" on the water, and I am morally opposed to the distruction of the waterfront which occurred during it's construction.

Other than that, I don't think that my usual recommendations would suit you.

But have fun!

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-25-2008, 10:35 PM

Thank you, we live in the Charlotte area of NC and you are right that I don't go on vacation to shop unless it is something very unusual. There's not much you can't find in Charlotte. I am more interested in which shows are the best to see. When we went to Tennessee we visited a lot of State Parks and they had wonderful food buffets. I like old buildings and natural wonders and observing animal wildlife when I am a safe distance.

You have probably figured out that we are not your normal tourist. We like to relax and take life easy while seeing how much of normal daily life we can observe. On a recent trip to Myrtle Beach, my most enjoyable day was a visit to a park in North Myrtle Beach where our two year old granddaughter wanted to go swing. We met a wonderful couple on a park bench by the lake where there were turtles and ducks, and enjoyed a conversation with them. They gave us the wonderful idea of spending the Winter months in Myrtle Beach when it is not so crowded, or expensive and returning to their farm in the Summer. If you are going to be inside in the air conditioning, it doesn't really matter what town you are in.

Last edited by NCN; 05-25-2008 at 10:47 PM..

Old 05-28-2008, 01:33 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times
Talking Where to start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

NCN...where to start?

There's so much fun to do here...and I think I qualify as a "native"...at least I say I've "gone native"......after 15 years!
//www.city-data.com/forum/sprin...native-if.html

The lake is my most fun thing...you can rent boats & jet skis at the State Park Marina: State Park Marina - Boat Rentals on Table Rock Lake - Branson, Missouri
The water is at historic high levels, so you'll want to be careful around the shoreline because some of the picnic areas are underwater & you wouldn't want to snag on a concrete picnic table! There are places you can boat to for lunch, ask the kids where you rent your boat.

I also love some of the shows...Yakov is my favorite. Also Pierce Arrow (comedian rocks), and Grand Jubilee for overall musical entertainment.

SILVER DOLLAR CITY is a must...but the locals know to go on a semi-rainy day to avoid the worst of the crowds.

There are also some fun festivals in downtown Branson depending on when you're going to be here: Downtown Branson Missouri

Also in downtown are some cool shops, like Dick's 5 & 10...it's a tourist spot but still .

If you enjoy shopping, do check out Branson Landing, and there are 3 outlet malls.

Oh, and the newest neat sweet treat is Dino's 24 carrot bakery in old Hollister: Dino’s 24 Karrot Cakes Company

Have FUN!

Last edited by Lake Junkie; 05-28-2008 at 02:05 PM..

Old 05-28-2008, 09:42 PM

Lake Junkie, thank you very much. I think Table Rock Lake will be our first place to check out and Silver Dollar City sounds like an interesting place too. These lakes can be very interesting as to their fill stage. We visited Greers Ferry Lake a year or so ago and it was interesting because the water level was low and we had to watch for the tree tops of the trees that were there from before the lake was there. Having a full lake sounds good to us. We are still in a drought and have water rationing. We can only lately wash our car after about a year. You ought to see the dirty cars around here.

I found this on my own by putting in the dates we will be there and Branson, Missouri.
http://www.bransonticket.com/showsched.php (broken link)

Last edited by NCN; 05-28-2008 at 10:54 PM..

Old 05-29-2008, 09:02 AM

870 posts, read 3,081,969 times
Default Hello and Welcome!

Hope you enjoy yourself while here!

Realize that SDC is on VERY uneven terrain and there are lots of hills to navigate. It can be very tiring for even a very fit person.

One of my new favorite shows is "Six"! I was pleasantly surprized! They don't have a and, just do the sounds vocally! It's amazing!

Clay Cooper is also very good, with more than just music. Very entertaining for all ages!

Be wary of timeshare traps...businesses offering 2 for 1 tickets! There is only ONE real business that offers 2 for 1 tickets, without any hype, and they are Branson 2 for 1 tickets, on Hwy 76, across from the fire station (near 65). www.branson2for1.com While they don't have every ticket, they have quality shows, hotels and dinners and can save you $$$$!

Hope you have fun! Vist the Henning Area and the Fish Hatchery, too! They are FREE!!!!

~darlynn

Old 05-29-2008, 10:24 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlynn0217 View Post
Realize that SDC is on VERY uneven terrain and there are lots of hills to navigate. It can be very tiring for even a very fit person.

~darlynn
She's right...you'll want to reserve a "buggy"...like the motorized carts they have at Wal Mart...they're easy to drive and make the day a breeze...

Old 06-14-2008, 03:25 PM

Did you all get a big kick out of my asking what to do in Branson. I now know there are more than 100 different shows available. We had never been there before. We went to the Andy Williams and Ann Margaret Show, rode the train, tram, and ducks and visited the Table Rock Lake. Had a wonderful time. Hope this thread aids someone else in their planning. We did not see the Shepherd of the Hills Show. If you are planning a visit to Branson, I suggest you read the book, Shepherd of the Hills by Harold B. Wright. We went to the Fish Hatchery too, but had only a few minutes to feed the fish before it closed. I would have liked to feed them longer. We attended the Sunday Night service at the Skyline Southern Baptist Church. I loved their seating area. The people there were really friendly.

BTW I mentioned that I did not need to shop there since we have good shopping here. Well you have our Belk's store. We live about 7 miles from where Belk's first started. We bought shirts for three grandchildren. We bought chocolates from the corner 5 and dime store. It was like going back in time. I love so many items I saw there.

We really got a kick out of the color coded streets. We were on the yellow route the most.

Last edited by NCN; 06-14-2008 at 03:47 PM..

Old 06-17-2008, 03:45 PM

870 posts, read 3,081,969 times
Glad you had a good time! Hurry back to see us!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area