Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 09:46 AM

27 posts, read 114,742 times

Advertisements

I just returned home from visiting my family in Springfield. They treated me like royalty, and now I would love to send them a nice thank you. while there we drove by a place called Basket Case, and my cousin explained that it was a business that assembled and delivered gift baskets. That is one idea for a thank you, and I also thought of sending a gift card. Any other ideas? They are in their mid 60's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 08:24 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,063,163 times
I think its quite admirable that you desire to do something like this... and while gift baskets and flowers and the such are and serve a nice function, IMHO they are over-priced - yet still, a touching and neat gesture. I've received one from a former dotted-line boss for some extra work I did while traveling - was very , exploring the various goodies in there, tasting this and that little treat... yet, all the while [being mister practical ] thinking that 'good grief, what did this cost?'. Gift cards allow the person to purchase the goodies that they want/need, yet seem kinda 'cold' - however, as you know your family, their tastes and styles and thinkings, what in your mind would tickle them the most? Do they have a favourite restaurant - maybe a gift card for that? A favourite charity or non-profit organization, for example - maybe a donation in their names? At the end of the day, I would think that no matter what you send 'em, such will be a pleasant gesture to/for them. Best to ya!

Old 07-06-2008, 09:59 AM

879 posts, read 2,880,166 times
I rec'd a "spa day for two" gift certificate once..it was great. Another thoughtful gift, as SD said, is a gift certificate for a great dinner spot. If they have a shared hobby...like golf....a gift certificate is always nice.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:41 PM

27 posts, read 114,742 times
They like to eat out. What are some nice restaurants in Springfield? We were there such a short time I did not get a good feel for what they like...

I also thought about tickets to a show in Branson and dinner. What nice restaurants are there?

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area