Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:49 PM

2,140 posts, read 4,431,804 times

Advertisements

True, very true! I've heard good things about the Chevy Tahoe Hybrid, but I don't know if it qualifies as a PZEV or not. I'm going to have to hang on to my 16-year-old Lobrid as long as I can! At least it passed the smog test just fine last year.

Back on topic for me, do you guys in NH have any Trader Joes nearby?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 02:46 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,119,245 times
Default Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
That's an excellent reply! If and when we can ever get moved back to Missouri, we'll have to check out one of the Trader Joes in the St. Louis area and compare it to the two Trader Joes we have in Sonoma County, CA.
My kid is in San Diego County. I shopped TJs in Ocenside all the time. The only thing Brentwood is missing is California weather in the winter. I'd say that some of your Sonomo wines are regional and not in St.Louis ..... but I don't know that much about wine. I bought the Belgian beer for my "bitter half " for a birthday gift. I tasted it and thought it had a nice palatte most women would like. Plus I'd never seen a white beer or one from Belgium. It was curiosity thing on my part that turned out well. There is alway Tjs in KC and Chicago.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:24 AM

23 posts, read 86,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
I sort of got tickled today...I was catching up on 2 months worth of CD posts today and found that we have discussions about Trader Joe's in all sorts of unrelated posts. So..it seems appropriate that we have a thread for the subject.

As LJ has said, some of us do "runs" to St. Louis for TJ's (I personally also hit Nordies, Einsteins bagels, The SmokeHouse, and DSW for shoes...like I need more).

There are four stores in the St. Louis area:

Brentwood
48 Brentwood Promenade Court

Chesterfield
1679 Clarkson Road

Creve Coeur
11505 Olive Blvd.

Des Peres
13343 Manchester Rd.

The last time I was in St. Louis (April) they indicated that a store was going to open in the Kansas City area but didn't know exactly where/when.
I've heard there is one in Tulsa but it's on listed on their website.

They did confirm that they require an area that will support multiple stores via population and income. This area may not be in their near future...but we know where to find 'em and we know how to keep asking.
Hey I would be interested in a drive to TJs. I worked only 3 months in California and LOVED going to TJ. Lets talk about this at the OTFCC and get a drive going some Saturday.
Monana

Old 08-06-2008, 09:33 AM

20 posts, read 51,517 times
Thumbs down prefer california ANY day over s.w. MO

prefer NO ONE making a determination of 'friendship' based on asking me my religion or what church I may or may not belong to.

however, i did not read the 'small print' on the back of the marriage license that ''inidcated'' IF you marry a guy from MO u end up living ? in MO.

Old 08-07-2008, 01:04 PM

879 posts, read 2,868,338 times
Default Northbay: TJ's are the same and...

Northbay: They look exactly the same! The only difference I could see was that the Greek Yogurt in Cali comes in more flavors (Mango Apricot) is my fave. Two Buck Chuck is only $2 in Cali...everywhere else I've hit a TJ's it's $2.99. That would include St. Louis MO, Santa Fe NM, Las Vegas NV, Acton and Burlington Mass, and one somewhere in Indiana and one near Portland Or. Basically the same products, same layout, etc.
Check out their website for new locations. I don't think they had one in NH last time I checked (My in-laws are in NH.)

Last edited by mrschilicook; 08-07-2008 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 08-07-2008, 06:41 PM

Default Tj Trip

Works for me. I usually avoid Saturday's but we can certainly get something going. Plus we do "pickups" for each other when we go someplace that has a Trader Joe's (as long as we can carry it on the plane) or it fits in the car.

Last edited by mrschilicook; 08-07-2008 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: clarification

Old 08-07-2008, 06:44 PM

Default Not taking over...exactly

Are you afraid we're taking over? I would also watch out for those Illinoisians and Floridians...oh yea and the Arizonians...I run into these folks all of the time...way more than Californians....And they have TJ's in those states too....

So...I guess your just not safe anymore.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:35 AM

20 posts, read 51,517 times
Frankly, my dears, lol, I'd take California ANY day over MO. A N Y day. However, when you marry a MO 'boy' .... you end up in MO.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:21 AM

259,023 posts, read 90,238,024 times
Just be forewarned ya got two more of us FL types a coming to MO some how, some way, some day. And yep we are bringing a few bad habits with us. Like fishing, eating fish, cooking collard greens and craclin cornbread, growning a garden, etc. Oh well we will keep it under the radar.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:57 PM

870 posts, read 3,071,440 times
Hey! Don't leave out us Texans who ran as fast as we could to get here, as soon as we discovered it!! AND, never looked back!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area