U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 09:55 AM

35 posts, read 73,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilpoj View Post
you can so much better than those developments...they are really so 80's...world is changing the developments are not...
I appreciate your concern and while I can probably guess as to why you made this statement, I still love the feel of Saddlebrooke! Yes, I do have some questions about the process of future developement and the "what-ifs" but I think I would have questions/concerns no matter where we decided to live.

For those of you familiar with Fremont Hills, they are their own city/town....so is this comparible to how Saddlebrooke is set up??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerlorance View Post
If you would like good, accurate information on Saddlebrooke I am an officer of the company and I can answer any questions you might have. I have worked for Saddlebrooke since its inception, and I would be happy to help you find the information you seek about our community. ,,,Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Best regards,

Tyler Lorance
Tyler, I have an off-the-wall question for ya....can you explain the story behind the carved animals in th trees?

Last edited by ShadowCaver; 05-15-2009 at 03:19 PM..

Old 05-15-2009, 03:14 PM

7 posts, read 20,440 times
The tree carvings started when a guy came into our office and showed us some of the work he had done on some trees at private residences. We thought it was so neat we told him to just start carving! We told him we wanted something fun that would help people remember us. People really do remember us because of it, and the best part is it does not hurt the trees. Eventually they will grow right back over the areas where he has carved into the tree.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerlorance View Post
The tree carvings started when a guy came into our office and showed us some of the work he had done on some trees at private residences. We thought it was so neat we told him to just start carving! We told him we wanted something fun that would help people remember us. People really do remember us because of it, and the best part is it does not hurt the trees. Eventually they will grow right back over the areas where he has carved into the tree.
I would hate to see it grow back...it's such a cute and fun idea! When we have driven through there, our two toddlers have made a game out of finding them.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
OMG! We actually agree! But that's "Kahleeforeigner" if you please.

With no apologies whatsoever to those who like living there or are drooling over it, this is precisely what we're purposely trying to leave behind. "Planned communities" translates to "controlled communities" and I can just hear the chatter over the tennis court net, at the 19th hole and during the cocktail parties in the club. Those who are relative Johnnie-come-latelies in the newer "projects" will be lower on the pecking order than those who have beern there longer and feel justified in looking askance at them.

As one who "came of age" during the golden era of southern California and had neighbors such as John Wayne, the Bergens, Jane Wyman (next door), James Arness, Andy Devine, et al, high-brow living ain't all it's cracked-up to be, nor is it really all that impressive.

Mansions don't equate to good taste and class!
Who said anything about living in a mansion...other than you?? I honestly do not care about someone's "class" and how much they have to spend....that kind of stuff does not at all interest me! All I want is to live in an area that I love and that we can happily raise our family in. How does anyone decide where to live...other than what makes them content? Maybe some do base their home choice on what they feel adds clout to their self-esteem, but you cannot say that about a whole area of people.

Oh, and I must have missed Saddlebrooke's golf course and country club because I have never seen either....maybe you know something that I don't. As for cocktail parties....won't see me at them....but you will see me playing with my kiddos on Saddlebrooke's basketball court and splashin' around in the pool.

Last edited by saddlebrookemaybe; 05-16-2009 at 12:56 PM..

Old 05-16-2009, 12:52 PM

Not that it matters, but there is so much talk about Californians moving to SW Missouri and how they want to change it. I was born and raised in the Springfield/Branson area and I honestly think it's great to see people from other states appreciate how beautiful it is here. How can they not....it's a wonderful place to live and they have a right to enjoy it as well.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:26 PM

23,598 posts, read 34,166,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebrookemaybe View Post
Who said anything about living in a mansion...other than you?? I honestly do not care about someone's "class" and how much they have to spend....that kind of stuff does not at all interest me! All I want is to live in an area that I love and that we can happily raise our family in. How does anyone decide where to live...other than what makes them content? Maybe some do base their home choice on what they feel adds clout to their self-esteem, but you cannot say that about a whole area of people.
Fair enough! My perspective comes from seeing my modest childhood home which originally cost $19K with some enlargement and modernization which cost $26K now be worth $1.67 million. Along with that has come expensive and restrictive CC&Rs and a major cultural shift.

Guess I'm just mired in the past. I believe my wife and I can be good neighbors when we get to MO. I do, however, cringe at the spectre of Californization if such begins or exists.

Obviouslky I'm oversensitive to it.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:18 PM

4,682 posts, read 11,373,642 times
Between the OP and a few other posts, the intent of this particular thread is in regards to helping those with an interest into learning more about the pros and cons of Saddlebrook. It is NOT to belittle, berate, nor offend those that may desire to live w/in such a development. 'nuff said.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:07 PM

321 posts, read 778,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebrookemaybe View Post
I appreciate your concern and while I can probably guess as to why you made this statement, I still love the feel of Saddlebrooke! Yes, I do have some questions about the process of future developement and the "what-ifs" but I think I would have questions/concerns no matter where we decided to live.

For those of you familiar with Fremont Hills, they are their own city/town....so is this comparible to how Saddlebrooke is set up??

Freemont Hills is not quite the same. While it has many good qualities, it just can't compete with the beauty and leadership that Saddlebrooke has to offer, IMHO.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:30 AM

718 posts, read 1,946,867 times
My best friends live in Kimberling City....a place with no school system and from what they can tell, no zoning. They extended their deck over 20 feet in the air with no permit. Sheds have no permits, etc. Saddlebrooke, to us, when we looked there extensively, offered so much more in the arena of protecting property values for generations to come. The HOA fees seemed a bit stiff to us....but they actually mowed your lawn, front and back. Not a plus exactly, to a gardener like me. I was concerned at the time that these fees might get out of hand. Living with a few zoning rules and regulations is much better than living without them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area