U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 09:59 AM

880 posts, read 2,713,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebrookemaybe View Post
Even though someone pointed out that this is an older thread, I am glad to see that people are still posting updates. My husband and I are COMPLETELY in love with Saddlebrooke! We actually drive there from outside of Springfield on the weekends just to walk across the bridge or to let our children feed the fish....just to be there, spending time and enjoying nature is incredible! We would love to buy there in 3 or 4 years (depending on what homes might be for sale at that time).

I have to be honest, though, after reading some concerns in this thread, it has made rethink some things. My husband and I are working very hard to be able to live in our dream home/location one day and if we decide to buy in Saddlebrooke, we have to feel completely comfortable with all of the process....and now I have doubts.

Oh well....only time will tell and we have plenty of it before we would even have to worry any of this.
Don't let this thread scare you off. Most of these posters don't live here and are posting their own "opinions". I live in Saddlebrooke and love it. I don't own a mansion nor do I hang out at the tennis court (??does anyone?) with an attitude. Most of the people here are hardworking caring people who have found some level of success in their careers. But they come from all walks of life. And yes, I'm from No. CA (via Nevada), but most of the people I've met here in Saddlebrooke are not....they are from Springfield, St. Louis, Indiana, Arizona, Illinois, Florida, and other areas of the U.S. There is no "California-nazation" of the area.

The CC & R's are meant for your property's protection not to unduly stress you out. They are reasonable and we found them to be more reasonable than some of the other developments. The people are friendly and supportive, the owners are caring and reasonable. If you want to park junk cars on the street and let your dogs runs loose then this isn't the place for you. But if you want to live in a beautiful area with all sizes of house (only a couple of "mansions here"), reasonable property restrictions, and a feel of the country but being close enough to Branson or Springfield to make it easy, then this might be the place for you.

And yes, if your looking to live in one of the new "urbanized" living situations, this isn't the place for you either. It's a 15 min. drive to Branson and 25 min. to Springfield...you don't walk down the street to have coffee at Starbucks. But you have the peace and quiet of county-fied living near enough to conveniences to make it liveable.

Any questions..pls. pm me. Glad to answer any questions from a "I live here" perspective.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 06:51 AM

35 posts, read 73,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Don't let this thread scare you off. Most of these posters don't live here and are posting their own "opinions". I live in Saddlebrooke and love it. I don't own a mansion nor do I hang out at the tennis court (??does anyone?) with an attitude. Most of the people here are hardworking caring people who have found some level of success in their careers. But they come from all walks of life. And yes, I'm from No. CA (via Nevada), but most of the people I've met here in Saddlebrooke are not....they are from Springfield, St. Louis, Indiana, Arizona, Illinois, Florida, and other areas of the U.S. There is no "California-nazation" of the area.

The CC & R's are meant for your property's protection not to unduly stress you out. They are reasonable and we found them to be more reasonable than some of the other developments. The people are friendly and supportive, the owners are caring and reasonable. If you want to park junk cars on the street and let your dogs runs loose then this isn't the place for you. But if you want to live in a beautiful area with all sizes of house (only a couple of "mansions here"), reasonable property restrictions, and a feel of the country but being close enough to Branson or Springfield to make it easy, then this might be the place for you.

And yes, if your looking to live in one of the new "urbanized" living situations, this isn't the place for you either. It's a 15 min. drive to Branson and 25 min. to Springfield...you don't walk down the street to have coffee at Starbucks. But you have the peace and quiet of county-fied living near enough to conveniences to make it liveable.

Any questions..pls. pm me. Glad to answer any questions from a "I live here" perspective.
Thank you so much for adding this. It is really nice to hear from someone that actually lives there. After reading what everyone has written, I am not 100% sure that I understand what the problem is with CC & R's. Obviously, I can see the point-of-view of feeing like you don't want to be told what you can and cannot do with your property. But I guess I am on the other side of the spectrum because I like that there are "rules" in place....doesn't this help with the appearance of the neighborhood?? All of the homes that my husband and I have looked at (in other areas) have CC & R's. In my opinion, these tend to be the streets that we drive down and admire everyone's beautifully manicured lawns.

It truly doesn't get any prettier than Saddlebrooke....TRULY!

Old 06-03-2009, 11:36 AM

7 posts, read 20,427 times
Well said mrschilicook! I think you pretty much covered it

Old 06-03-2009, 07:52 PM

167 posts, read 420,970 times
Its beautiful in there. I have sneaked in and fed the fish a few times... we even looked at a few lots in there, but we are happy 10 miles west for now.

the Highlandville VFD is awesome. great folks,

Old 07-28-2009, 06:46 PM

2 posts, read 4,498 times
Question Horses and commute time

Hello,

We noticed when driving through Saddlebrooke that all of the horses were located at the common paddock areas - at least those properties that we could see had no on-site horse facilities. Are horses not allowed on individual properties in Saddlebrooke? Are there caretakers for the horses in the equine area?

Also, for those of you that live there, does anyone work in Springfield? I'm curious what the commute time is for arriving at work at 8:00 and leaving Springfield around 5:00? I'm guessing 30 minutes to Sunshine & 65?

Last question, is high speed Internet service available (aside from HughesNet?)

Thanks in advance for the helpful responses to these questions and to those questions posted earlier. I suspect that some of the questions may be addressed on the Saddlebrooke website, but sometimes its best to get information "straight from the horse's mouth."

This does sound like a wonderful community. We enjoyed the speed limit signs along our drive through. The signs impart a whimsical feeling to an already tranquil development. Thanks again.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:48 PM

6 posts, read 12,244 times
We considered Saddlebrooke in our house hunt this year but ultimately ended up elsewhere. Tyler was *awesome* and will answer all of your questions.

Saddlebrooke does have CenturyTel high speed internet available at every lot as far as I know.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:00 AM

880 posts, read 2,713,416 times
Default Info for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsranchjvg View Post
Hello,

We noticed when driving through Saddlebrooke that all of the horses were located at the common paddock areas - at least those properties that we could see had no on-site horse facilities. Are horses not allowed on individual properties in Saddlebrooke? Are there caretakers for the horses in the equine area?

There is a community stable but I'm not sure if it's still open for new horses. I've heard (rumor) that it's being phased out. The sales guys could tell you for sure. No caretakers although someone does live down there as far as mischief makers are concerned. Horses are no longer allowed on the individual properties on this side of the hiway 65. You can talk to the salespeople about the larger lots on the west side of 65....I'm not sure on those.
Also, for those of you that live there, does anyone work in Springfield? I'm curious what the commute time is for arriving at work at 8:00 and leaving Springfield around 5:00? I'm guessing 30 minutes to Sunshine & 65?

Lots of people work in Springfield. I go up there a couple times a week and it takes me about 25 minutes to my doggie camp on Kansas Expwy. Coming home at 5:00-6:00 has never taken me more than that either unless there has been an accident.

]DSL is available thru CenturyTel which is also the phone provider in Saddlebrooke.

This does sound like a wonderful community. We enjoyed the speed limit signs along our drive through. The signs impart a whimsical feeling to an already tranquil development. Thanks again.
Love the development. I have found the people to be warm and caring. The people taking care of the place take pride in the development and work to keep the feeling of tranquility and beauty.

Last edited by mrschilicook; 07-29-2009 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: make it easier to read

Old 07-29-2009, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsranchjvg View Post
Hello,

Thanks in advance for the helpful responses to these questions and to those questions posted earlier. I suspect that some of the questions may be addressed on the Saddlebrooke website, but sometimes its best to get information "straight from the horse's mouth."

If you own a home site that is 5 acres or larger you are allowed to keep up to two horses on your property, assuming your fencing meets the CC&R guidelines. There are no caretakers at the facilities because our owners all take care of their own horses. They are a great group of people who really help each other out when they are out of town, etc.

I live right off 65 and Sunshine and is about 25 minutes door to door for a commute, driving about 65mph.

Every home site in Saddlebrooke has DSL available through Centurytel.

I hope this helps If there are any more questions just let me know

Old 08-03-2009, 07:32 AM

2 posts, read 4,498 times
All. Thanks for the helpful info. We're about to list our home for sale, and depending on how quickly a sale occurs, we may be looking deeper into Saddlebrooke. I have a good feeling about this development. Thanks again!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:58 AM

That is wonderful to hear. I wish you good luck in selling your home and I hope to have the chance to meet you someday soon! Enjoy the rest of this beautiful summer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area