Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:02 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,335 times

Advertisements

Please let us who love the area know where you end up. I'm pretty sure it won't be this area (and with the attitude you won't be welcome). If you find someplace that is better we may want to avoid it.

You may want to do research on the positive aspects of where you end up other than Springfield.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2007, 06:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,960 times
Welcome to move to our country, it is fascinating 、peaceful、charming……
You are respected by every kind person. We just only have about 100 years at most in our life , why don't you be happy and spend your times in enjoying yourself.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:59 PM

2 posts, read 11,526 times
Default Moving to Springfield, MO/Branson/getting scared!!

The main problem with moving to Springfield, MO is with all cities in the USA and where they are heading, ILLEGAL ALIENS

Old 11-28-2007, 02:45 PM

2 posts, read 11,526 times
Default Moving to Springfield and now I'm getting scared?

Who said anything about moving to Las Vegas anyway???

Old 11-28-2007, 10:17 PM

15 posts, read 58,137 times
I was born in Texas. In consecutive order, I moved several times over the years including Ft. Worth, TX, El Paso, TX, Tallahassee, FL, Denver, CO, El Reno, OK, Madison, WI, Minneapolis, MN, Houston, TX, and Springfield/Nixa, MO.

I call Missouri home and we have just purchased acreage in Douglas Co, Missouri where we will build and retire.

I was in Nixa/Springfield approximately 16 years and I miss it very much. My three children and 6 grandchildren live in that area. My two brothers and their families live there.

All I can say is...........it's a wonderful place to live!

Old 11-30-2007, 11:15 AM

5 posts, read 19,920 times
Brad Pitt is from there and I heard he visits often.. now that's good news isn't it ? lol

Old 12-06-2007, 09:14 PM

6 posts, read 23,219 times
Default Branson-Springfield and the Ozarks a great place to visit and live.

I like your style. As Eastwood would say "you learn to adapt." I chose to move to Springfield after living and working in ten different cities covering seven different states (three times in MO) and I have never regretted the choice. The one big disappointment for me (yes, I see all of the other things that some have found to be less than desirable) was learning of all of the great points if interest (many being free) that we missed when my wife and I visited the area in our earlier years when our children were young. I was saddened that our children did not fully enjoy all the fun and educational points of interest along the way that I now know exist. You see, we traveled from point A to point B and back. From St. Joseph, MO to camping areas on some of the lakes. We could not afford resorts and motels with six kids.

After moving to Springfield and learning of what the whole area has to offer visiting families, I went to OTC at the then young age of 62 and learned basic HTML web page design. In those days there were not many useful web sites providing information about the Branson-Springfield area and most were not very user-friendly. That is a story for another day. There are plenty good sites today providing an abundant of information for the visiting families, but not so 10 years ago. I heard from many many happy mothers saying how thankful they were to learn of such an event or point of interest that the kids really enjoyed. I still spend hours each day keeping the site current for those visiting families that look beyond the obvious to take advantage of the rich heritage and educational points of interest. My pay-off has been many thankful e-mails and letters from grateful families.

I still feel (no religious overture intended) that the Garden of Eden was located somewhere in southwest Missouri. I expressed that belief openly while spending a couple of years managing and building up the Hodgson Mills business in Gainesville or hunting and fishing.

Branson-Springfield Country

Last edited by Frank Hamrick; 12-06-2007 at 09:15 PM.. Reason: Incomplete title

Old 12-15-2007, 12:09 PM

37 posts, read 132,845 times
Default Wow!

I moved to Ozark 3 months ago from the Phoenix, AZ area where I have lived my entire life. The crime, traffic, pollution, people and cost of living are MUCH BETTER here. The weather is better, the people are nice, I feel safe when I go for a run, and I get WAY more for my money housing wise. I don't have to worry about getting hit by an illegal with no drivers license or insurance when I drive everyday. I did my research before I moved here, knew what to expect, and am VERY happy that I made the move.
Just don't come.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:49 PM

19 posts, read 55,035 times
gonefishing, the person who posted this is "Restricted" and hasn't been here in months. I own and forum and have had trolls sign up with the name "gonefishing" before. Nice play on words. It looks like he was just a troll, trying to 'fish for suckers' to rile up. I wouldn't take anything he said seriously.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,602 times
Hey everyone! I'm going to be moving to Springfield around April of '08. I'm very excited about it! I've got some family in Ozark and they tell me that the Springfield area is a great area to live in. I've visited Springfield many times and I really like it.

The only thing that I'm slightly apprehensive about is the tornadoes....they really scare me. But, I am going to be living in the city instead of in the country and I've been told that the tornadoes don't really come into the city, which is cool.

Fear of tornadoes aside, I'm looking forward to moving. I did have a couple questions tho: Are people in Springfield generally tolerant of pagans/Wiccans and are they generally tolerant of gays and lesbians? I'm a Wiccan and a lesbian, altho I don't flaunt it (i.e. I only wear my pentacle necklace tucked into my shirt and I don't wear any gay pride jewelry.), but it would still be nice to get some feedback from you folks who live in Springfield.

Also, has anyone on here been to Renaissance Books & Gifts? I've heard it's a really nice store with a lot of cool merchandise.

Thanx everyone, and happy holidays! =)

Last edited by GoAskAlice462; 12-20-2007 at 07:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area