U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2008, 08:41 PM

2 posts, read 4,274 times

Advertisements

ok i just got an inspection done on Monday November 6 2008 and today on November 10 2008 my brake pads fell out of the calipers cause they were so bad and worn. what does that tell you. i mean ya it was kinda nice that they passed it and nothing felt wrong with the brakes. keep in mind i just got the truck on sunday the 5th the day before the inspection. ive been searching for the past few hours and finally found a checklist of what they are suppose to check and it says they are suppose to drive the vehicle for brake performance. i watched them the entire time. THEY DIDNT EVEN TAKE ONE TIRE OFF. they said it would take 45 min. it took a total of maybe 15 min maybe 20 topps. can some one please help me. what do you think i should do?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 05:46 PM

2 posts, read 3,697 times
Missouri's inspection laws are a joke. I've either been allowed to slide or the mechanic has tried to rip me off

Old 10-14-2008, 07:48 AM

1,238 posts, read 4,217,856 times
I agree, it's a joke-generally, the 45 min is your WAIT time till the car gets seen, then 15 min is the INSPECTION time. I doubt any of the inspectors actually drove my car, they usually check horn, headlights, window cracks, exhaust and sometimes go under the car-not sure what they look at down there. I see cars on the road all the time that are surely in violation. I'm just glad we only have to do it every 2 years now, that's one less hassle to worry about!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:22 AM

318 posts, read 690,064 times
Joke or not, glad you found the brake problem. Maybe inform the place that you got it done and maybe you can help the next person.

Old 10-15-2008, 04:31 PM

938 posts, read 3,295,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcresident View Post
Missouri's inspection laws are a joke. I've either been allowed to slide or the mechanic has tried to rip me off
Totally agree. I had my truck inspected once, and all the guy did was write down the date and mileage on the inspection sticker, and stuck it in the windshield. Didn't look at a single thing. I'm knowledgeable enough with vehicle to know if something is wrong with one so it wasn't a huge deal to me, but for someone less knowledgeable, they'll easily miss something.

I did have mine inspected at the Chevy dealership in my home town a few times, and they actually took the time to look stuff over. Some places are thorough, others aren't.

Old 10-18-2008, 11:54 AM

82 posts, read 244,511 times
Well officially they have a list of things they are suppose to check. If these people that are just sticking the sticker on get caught doing that, and they do from time to time, can receive a pretty hefty fine for it.

You can turn these people in by contacting the Missouri Dept of Transportation. I would suggest doing it.

Being a firefighter, I have scene my share of accidents due to brakes being warn or other issues with the vehicle that could have been taken care of by the inspection.

Turn them in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area