U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2007, 08:47 PM

154 posts, read 628,125 times

Advertisements

Hello all - I am possibly moving, along with my family, to Springfield for a new job. We spent some time in Springfield this past weekend to look around the area and scout out a few neighborhoods. Can anyone provide any comments on the "chesterfield" neighborhood or recommend neighborhoods with houses in the $175k-$250k range? Also, we have elementary school age children and if anyone can provide recommendations on school districts that would alleviate some anxiety. Thanks for any input!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 09:48 PM

2,132 posts, read 4,143,180 times
Well I think MoMark and moderator Ozarks21 will probably be among the best authorities on this subject. Before I decided to focus more on the St. Joseph area as a place to relocate, I was looking at Springfield real estate on the Internet. I think the 65809 zip code area, which is east of U.S. 65, seems to have more newer, larger and wealthier homes. The southern part of town around Sunshine St. and Battlefield Rd. (both east-west streets) would probably be the next good place to look.

School districts--don't know. I've heard conflicting stories about Hillcrest High School and whether gangs are a problem there. MoMark can probably give you some good pointers when it comes to working with a real estate agent in Springfield, too.

My best wishes to you on your future move--I hope Springfield works out favorably for you!

Old 03-06-2007, 10:03 PM

1,174 posts, read 6,532,629 times
I can't help out with the neighborhood you listed. It doesn't ring a bell with me since I was looking for something different. However, the price range you listed fits in nicely with a variety of beautiful neighborhoods I passed while searching around Ozark.

The neighborhoods would be east of US 65 and north and/or east of Ozark's city center. It's a location that would give you an easy drive into Springfield, if that's where your new job is located, yet gets you out of the city to a quieter community known for good schools.

Hopefully some of the community experts already mentioned will jump in. I'm sure they will have some words of wisdom.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:35 PM

42 posts, read 197,277 times
There is about 5 homes listed right now in chesterfield...ranging from 184 to 249900. The school dist. for that area is elem. is jeffries, middle is carver and highschool is Kickapoo....all good schools. The dist. you may want to stay away from are those in NW and NE running although some of the schools in the NW when you go west enough are actually Willard Schools. Hillcrest mentioned above is a Northern dist school....there are many good schools in Springfield and the surrounding cities and can find a variety of homes in the range you mentioned. I have more info if needed.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:27 PM

Thank you for the information everyone. We will need to check out the area east of 65 on our next visit.

My job location is in northwest Springfield so can anyone give me an idea of traffic during peak periods during the week - is it approximately 15 minutes to get from the north side of Springfield to south of town or more like an hour commute with traffic?

Old 03-07-2007, 01:54 PM

42 posts, read 197,277 times
Most of the traffic comes from the south side going north in morning and then vice versa. According to stats, there is about 30,000 commuters coming from the surrounding areas of Springfield into Springfield, most from south. If you are to work in NW Springfield, you want to check into Willard or Republic, both good towns with good schools, and close. East of 65 there are several good subdivisions that may offer your price range and which offers easy access to 65 then to 44 for your commute which is not bad at all....most people would be getting off of 65 to get to work while you would be getting on. Also, one thing I might add to the school part...in Springfield, you can provided space availble register to any of their schools...you just have to be willing to drive them there and pick them up.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:23 AM

339 posts, read 1,334,834 times
Chesterfield Village is a nice area if it fits your tastes. In is an interesting multi-use development that puts nice homes, nice apartments and zero lot line residential uses in close proximity to restaurant, office and retail. It is really an attractive area.

For your price range I would suggest looking in Prairie View Heights (SW). You might also consider neighborhoods on the west end of Nixa. There are a number of neighborhoods along Cox Road south of Republic Road that might work for you.

I recommend these areas because they are far enough West that you won't have to fight traffic too much going to work. The northbound traffic on the west By-pass in the mornings is not too bad (I do it daily). The traffic coming north from Ozark and Nixa, on 65 and 160 respectively, is rough.

You might consider neighborhoods in Republic (southwest of Springfield). Also, Northwest of Springfield is Willard. I think the people who live there are very happy with their community.

One thing to keep in mind is that no commute with a Springfield address will take more than 20 or 30 minutes even when traffic is bad.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:44 PM

We like the appearance of the Chesterfield neighborhood and the close proximity to shops - it kinda seems like a master planned community. Is there anything else like that in the Springfield area?

I was wrong in my post above, my job will be in northeast Springfield (not northwest). So I am probably best looking to the east and southeast, I guess?

Old 03-08-2007, 01:33 PM

339 posts, read 1,334,834 times
For some reason the East and Southeast seem to be more expensive for comparables. Many of the neighborhoods in the east are very high end. There are several neighborhoods east of hwy 65 along Sunshine (hwy D). One of my favorites is Copper Mill. There are also some great areas east on Battlefield Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area