U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:40 PM

339 posts, read 1,350,111 times

Advertisements

I live in Battlefield. The earlier descriptions are pretty accurate. The lack of retail/restaurant is due mainly to the fact that there is no pass through traffic. That will all change in the next 10 years or so when/if the north-south corridor (West By-pass/FF) gets extended to Hwy 14 to the south. Then it will become the primary corridor into Springfield for all of Western Christian County.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2007, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,749 times
It is a wonderful place to live, and it is starting to see some great changes. There are new businesses coming to town, including Godfather's Pizza, so it is on the brink of some really awesome growth into the future. If you haven't been there, you should check it out. It is the Scenic Gateway to Wilson Creek Battlefield ... home of a major civil war. I live there and love it!

Old 09-25-2007, 08:54 AM

62 posts, read 236,890 times
Default I don't agree with 'hardest hit by any storms'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RancidBeans View Post
I live in Battlefield. It's almost entirely residential, the nearest fast food is Republic Rd. which is about a 10 minute drive with moderate traffic. It's not really a great place for hermit types since the houses in the newer subdivisions are very close together so you're going to get to know your neighbor whether you want to or not. There are a lot of young families so it's a good place to raise kids. What I like least about the area is it seems to always be hardest hit by any storms that may be in the area.
We have lived in a subdivision right next to Battlefield, and moved there shortly after the tornado hit in 2002 (?) I don't recall any other storms hitting that area prior to that, or even after that, so let's be fair. Sorry, but this 'struck a nerve' with me, as when we had our house on the market this past year and were on the verge of making a sale when the buyer's so-called 'friend' convinced them that they should by a basement home for the tornadoes. Please... you can't judge an area on the fact that ONE tornado came through...

I am hoping when we re-list our home for sale here shortly that our nice little neighborhood doesn't get the reputation for storms that it doesn't deserve.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:56 PM

226 posts, read 952,923 times
Are property taxes cheaper in Battlefield, Nixa or Ozark?

What business's are in Battlefield? or do you have to drive to get to a Walmart?

Moving in October and can't decide on Battlefield, Nixa, Ozark. We want a home on land around 175,000

Old 04-13-2009, 06:52 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,062,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heaton View Post
Are property taxes cheaper in Battlefield, Nixa or Ozark?

What business's are in Battlefield? or do you have to drive to get to a Walmart?

Moving in October and can't decide on Battlefield, Nixa, Ozark. We want a home on land around 175,000
Heaton,

To get an idea of the difference, you can call the Christian County assessors office and ask them for the tax rate and formula for a $175K home in each city. It will be very close.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:34 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,976,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psmyers74 View Post
We have lived in a subdivision right next to Battlefield, and moved there shortly after the tornado hit in 2002 (?) I don't recall any other storms hitting that area prior to that, or even after that, so let's be fair. Sorry, but this 'struck a nerve' with me, as when we had our house on the market this past year and were on the verge of making a sale when the buyer's so-called 'friend' convinced them that they should by a basement home for the tornadoes. Please... you can't judge an area on the fact that ONE tornado came through...

I am hoping when we re-list our home for sale here shortly that our nice little neighborhood doesn't get the reputation for storms that it doesn't deserve.
Well I happen to know there has been and always will be Tornados in the area,just can't help but be.Its just the lay of the land there,this is why I was told the Indians wouldn't camp where Springfield is because the Tornados would follow the valley.Not saying there will be F3's but there will be Tornados.

At the same time Battlefield got blowed away we had an F3 headed for us,killed two people before it got to us,split up into three smaller ones,went around us,regrouped and killed another person just past us.I'm in the hills and have seen 4 Tornados in the last 16 years here.

Oh I use to Farm in Battlefield before it was a town and seen two Tornados in that time.

hillman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area