Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 03:15 PM

10 posts, read 33,383 times

Advertisements

What Do U Think Obama Will Do Better For This State?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 04:30 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,562,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
What Do U Think Obama Will Do Better For This State?
I can't think of a single, solitary benefit for Missouri.

He stands for what most people move to Missouri to escape: higher taxes, more rules and regulations, increased federal intervention in business and enlarged government.

What can you show me that he's going to do for Missouri?

Old 01-19-2009, 06:53 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,196,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post

He stands for what most people move to Missouri to escape: higher taxes, more rules and regulations, increased federal intervention in business and enlarged government.

Got to agree.

hillman

Old 01-19-2009, 07:14 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Quote:

Considering the Bush administration rolled back many environmental regulations in favor of big corporations and industry I welcome any new change. It will be nice to have a more balanced energy policy that relies more on American innovation and alternative energy development. This is just one favorable aspect to look forward to in a new administration.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:18 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,573,872 times
ozarksboy.....good post...thank you.!

Old 01-19-2009, 08:26 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,058,452 times
As to what he will do for MO, will be looking at infrastructures, highways/interstates, and the such; keep in mind that MO gets much of her electrical juice from coal-fired plants, a source that Obama is on record of being not too favourably towards; and military base wise, be interesting to see what happens with those that are w/in our fine state. So, in nutshell, infrastructures, energy, and military will be more direct aspects, w/ health care being indirect hitters that will impact Missourians.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
As to what he will do for MO, will be looking at infrastructures, highways/interstates, and the such; keep in mind that MO gets much of her electrical juice from coal-fired plants, a source that Obama is on record of being not too favourably towards; and military base wise, be interesting to see what happens with those that are w/in our fine state. So, in nutshell, infrastructures, energy, and military will be more direct aspects, w/ health care being indirect hitters that will impact Missourians.
Oh I'm sure those big coal lobbyists will be working hard to get Obama to back coal just like Bush. I have no confidence in politics in general, but we need to invest in our infrastructure and renewable energy. We must do this to stimulate job growth, and lessen our foreign natural resource dependence.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:21 AM

12,540 posts, read 2,138,431 times
I am hoping for healthcare reform. I have no insurance and would welcome any improvement to health services in rural Missouri.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:49 AM

419 posts, read 1,182,327 times
Quote:

Gotta agree with ozarksboy on this one.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermouse View Post
Gotta agree with ozarksboy on this one.
Please be a little more optimistic. I am an Independent, but both parties need to find some common ground to find some solutions to the problems we face here at home.
Cheney and his neocon agenda needs to take a backseat never to return after all of the damage it has brought to our economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area