Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:34 AM

879 posts, read 2,878,142 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to say thank you to all of those who have sent me well wishes over the past 8 months. As you know 2008 was quite a challenge for me, first the death of my husband, then breast cancer, and finally a small stroke.

Well, I just wanted to let all of my CD-pals know that I'm back. I've entered 2009 cancer free, at peace with my husband's death, and the stroke side-effects are gone (or at least anything noticeable is gone...don't get up in a hurry after a facial ).

My friend, who got me thru the chemo, is back in Texas. My mom is with me until March (unless the ice/snow drive her back to CA). I'm now making plans....some of which will happen and some of which may not....but at least I'm making plans and moving in a forward direction.

Take care all...and enjoy 2009.
Mrschilicook (although now I think I need a new handle)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 11:39 AM

321 posts, read 837,970 times
Very sorry to hear about the struggles you faced during 2008. I applaud you for being strong willed and fighting through all the sadness, turmoil, and illness in your life, and I am also very sorry for your loss. I hope you continue to feel better by the day and can keep the sun shining brightly everyday. Planning forward is a good strategy and I think it will work nicely for you. See you around.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:25 PM

15 posts, read 55,566 times
Default Glad to see

I am new, but I am glad to see you are back, and it sounds like you brought your positive attitude. I went through a similar year in 07, and I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are ok... The main thing is to take care of you. I am still struggling a bit with the loss of my wife, I am trying to designate my time to the fight against Breast cancer and all cancers that have greatly effected so many. Good luck, and I hope your future is bright.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:31 PM

67 posts, read 157,066 times
Welcome Back! I am so pleased to hear you are doing a bit better. You were really missed!

Old 01-28-2009, 07:41 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschilicook View Post
Just wanted to say thank you to all of those who have sent me well wishes over the past 8 months. As you know 2008 was quite a challenge for me, first the death of my husband, then breast cancer, and finally a small stroke.

Well, I just wanted to let all of my CD-pals know that I'm back. I've entered 2009 cancer free, at peace with my husband's death, and the stroke side-effects are gone (or at least anything noticeable is gone...don't get up in a hurry after a facial ).

My friend, who got me thru the chemo, is back in Texas. My mom is with me until March (unless the ice/snow drive her back to CA). I'm now making plans....some of which will happen and some of which may not....but at least I'm making plans and moving in a forward direction.

Take care all...and enjoy 2009.
Mrschilicook (although now I think I need a new handle)
Hi Mrs. C...as I blink the tears out of my eyes...it's unbelievably good to have you back. You definitely are one tough cookie...thanks from the bottom of my heart for fighting through the toughest year ever.

I do think you need a new screen name...shall we have a contest?

LOVE having you back...and not all your friends are back in Texas...

Old 01-29-2009, 11:36 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
Multiple cheers and hugs!

Great to 'see' ya doing good - you have been missed!

hmmmmmmm,,, maybe LJ has hit on your new name: 'ToughYetSweetCookie'

Old 01-29-2009, 12:12 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Good to see you back on city-data mrschilicook, and glad to see things are looking up for you!

Old 01-29-2009, 01:30 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,054 times
Great to hear you're on the other side now of the chemo-it's soooo much better on this side. It's four years later for me, and doing grrrrreat as Tony the tiger would say, but I still have the thankful, back and healthy attitude that you are expressing. Uni-breasted, but happier than ever. The biggest problem I have from the experience is that along with that attitude I also evolved into one that finds me rolling my eyesabout things that others get extremely upset over. Life became more finite and wonderful, and I now lack the desire to waste energy on issues and actual material things that now seem so unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Which is why I post so seldom in this forum anymore, although I do read it.

Best wishes in your continuing recovery, both physical and mental.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:59 PM

419 posts, read 1,181,973 times
Wow - I had no idea you were going through all that. You surely must be one tough cookie! Here's to a brand-new 2009!

Old 01-30-2009, 08:55 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Multiple cheers and hugs!

Great to 'see' ya doing good - you have been missed!

hmmmmmmm,,, maybe LJ has hit on your new name: 'ToughYetSweetCookie'
Perfect! You'll help her change her screen name, woncha?

For those of you who haven't met the aforementioned sweet cookie, she's one of my wanna-be-when-I-grow-up people! She's smart & easy to talk to, funny & sensitive, caring & generous to a fault, encourager to the record-keeping-challenged, cooks like a gourmet chef, leader to-the-coffee club and the best rescue-doggy owner in the northern hemisphere!

I'm so glad God brought her into my life.
(Happy tears & it's been a tough year tears...)

~Lake Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine girl View Post
Great to hear you're on the other side now of the chemo-it's soooo much better on this side. It's four years later for me, and doing grrrrreat as Tony the tiger would say, but I still have the thankful, back and healthy attitude that you are expressing. Uni-breasted, but happier than ever. The biggest problem I have from the experience is that along with that attitude I also evolved into one that finds me rolling my eyesabout things that others get extremely upset over. Life became more finite and wonderful, and I now lack the desire to waste energy on issues and actual material things that now seem so unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Which is why I post so seldom in this forum anymore, although I do read it.

Best wishes in your continuing recovery, both physical and mental.
Wow, Sunshine girl...I didn't know you'd been through all that...! Bless your heart!
Nice to see you back...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area