Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 02:37 PM

7 posts, read 12,369 times

Advertisements

My wife has an opportunity to transfer to a local hospital in Springfield. We love the area and are ready to leave Milwaukee. I was thinking I would like to live in Ozark as that seems a reasonable distance to the hospital. We had previously looked to re-locate in Arkansas where I have family but I really like the Ozark area better. I am just retired will be coming for a visit around the 26th of Ferbuary. I hope to find someone who knows the area and can point me in the right direction.
Thanks, Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 03:13 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,428,344 times
What would you like me to point you toward?

Old 02-03-2009, 03:21 PM

Hi 8 Snake... I would like a referral to a trusted local real estate or re-location agent in the Ozark area. Although we have visited the area, I never looked into moving there. Thanks

Old 02-03-2009, 06:45 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
aahhh Lake Junkie this thread is for you

Old 02-03-2009, 08:23 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,265,438 times
Right now all realtors are scrambling for money because housing is flat. Having had a horrid experience with say anything-do anything-ignore state statuets and federal law- realtors in Missiouri, I storngly urge you to follow up with a licensed house inspector, and a Mold inspection before you purchase any property. This applies every where in the United States.

NOt every realtor is bad, but I got some real humdingers who tried to sell ma a house with active mold knowing my spouse has two lung diseases, and another group tried to give my house away.

It was a bad year for me and reators. If you add contingencies - special instruction, such as a house that does not need electrical updating - put it in wiritng in the original contract. And do not sign a pre-signed short contract withour the contingencies included because it lets the realtors off the hook for ignoring your needs. If it is not in the contract it does exist for you. The one thing that must be in the contract, is this, "HOME MUST PASS HOUSE INSPECTION AND MOLD INSPECTION.

I cannot stress enough that common household mold that is not Remediated by professionals is a silent, often odorless, killer. Mold cannot be avoided because it is in the ground we walk on, and in the air we breathe. Therefore your home must be mold free. Mold is one of the reasons kids are sick all the time. Doctors misdiagnose mold problems as allergies and other vague ailments. Mold is easy enough to control if it is not living in you home. The licensed inviromentalist that tested our house opened my eyes to this real and ugly life problem.

As an after thought, it is amazing the number of landlors who rent moldy houses to families with children and don't care. What's worse is that most counties and cities care even less. .

Last edited by linicx; 02-03-2009 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 02-03-2009, 10:28 PM

Default Wow!

Thank you for taking the time to educate me on the mold problem. It never would have occured to me to check for that. Bravo!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 06:22 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,428,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eaglejim7 View Post
Hi 8 Snake... I would like a referral to a trusted local real estate or re-location agent in the Ozark area. Although we have visited the area, I never looked into moving there. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
aahhh Lake Junkie this thread is for you
I agree. Jim, you might send Lake Junkie (she posts here often) a message because she is a well-respected realtor. I believe that she works mainly around Tablerock Lake, but I am sure that she can either help you directly or point you to another trusted realtor.

As a side note, you can browse listings in this area by going to the following:
Greater Springfield Board of REALTORS®

Old 02-04-2009, 12:33 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Cool Realtors in Ozark...

I thought I heard my name!

There are some real estate agents that are embarrassing to me, as there are scoundrels in every profession. The stakes are so high, however, that choosing the right realtor is very important. While the standard MAR contract allows for all types of inspections, you still need a good, caring professional to help you through the process.

I do work in Ozark, but it's not my main area of expertise, so I'll PM you with a suggestion.

I moved here from somewhere else, also, and I do love it. Although we're all moaning and groaning the blues about our current cold weather, I do believe you'll find it quite balmy. Brrrr....................

Welcome...in advance.

P.S. And linicx...may I apologize for the bad times you've had with realtors this past year? I have had my share, prior to getting into the biz. I know it's infuriating.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:50 PM

Thanks for the welcome... I'm really excited about moving to your area.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 6,050 times
Go to St. Johns Regional Hospital!! Most experienced Doctors and personnel... Worked at both.....if you don't get hired at St. Johns...you have to go to Cox????? Hope this helps..M
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area