Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 07:56 PM

6 posts, read 11,566 times

Advertisements

What are the main grocery stores in Springfield? What is the best one in terms of fruits and vegetables, gourmet food etc.?
Are there health food stores, and how good are they? What is the health food selection like in the regular grocery stores? Do they have gluten free foods?
How many movie theaters are there?
What is the bus and cab service like?
What are the best restaurants in town for gourmet and/or healthy eating (in other words, not barbecue, buffets, or deep fried stuff)? What about ethnic food?

Thanks!

Suzanne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 08:08 PM

167 posts, read 451,676 times
the price cutter plus near us has both a large heath food section,(with a refrigerated isle) it also has a great international food section. when we asked about a favorite brand we enjoyed in a previous location, the dept manager had it in stock the next week for us. you just cant beat that kind of service.

there are a few theaters, you wont want for both first run, and budget flicks.

transit? Hmm... buy a car.

there are plenty of cab companies, and there are buses, I don't know the routes, but I'm sure they can be found pretty easy.

there are hundreds of restaurants out there, it shouldn't be hard to find what you like.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:44 PM

130 posts, read 367,847 times
Like DM said, the main Groc. chain in Springfield is Price Cutter. There is also a Dillon's and a few local shops. Of course there are Walmarts. As far as health food in these grocery stores, Price Cutter probably has a larger selection of Health Food items than most.

Bus & Cab Transit in Springfield? Bus service is handled by City Utilities - if you want more information on that, you can call them at 417-831-8782 (this is a public phone #)

Cab Service? There are few firms in town. There is Springfield Yellow Cab - they do service to the airport. There is also Metro City Cab. I've never taken a cab, so you would be better off contacting these firms or people that have experienced their services, and question them.

The main theatres in Springfield are Campbell 16 and the Palace. I reccommend the Palace, it's cheap and they get movies after they go out of the theaters, so thus you can still see a movie in a theater setting without having to rent it on DVD. Campbell 16 is a little on the pricey side, like most mainstream movie venues - and it shows your regular, average movie fare. There is also the Moxie, which is great for independent productions.

As far as "Health Food" places, I don't eat healthy so I wouldn't know.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:18 AM

2 posts, read 3,947 times
We just moved here from Orlando and didn't realize how spoiled I was with getting great organic fruits/veggies and meats. But yesterday I found Akins Health food Store. It's no Whole Foods but with them and Price Cutter (as mentioned) it's better than nothing.
We are planning on getting a green house to grow our own veggies and there are plenty of awesome all grass fed farms around Missouri to get great meat.
Plus, there is a Whole Foods in St Louis. We are planning a quarterly trip there to stock up the pantry.
So, there are still ways to find what you need in the health food department, might just not be right down the street.
I can't answer other questions - but it's great here!!! Love it, the air just feels fresher and you can't buy that.
Jen

Old 03-12-2009, 06:21 AM

41 posts, read 161,428 times
I can't wait for this organic food craze to be over. There is no evidence that organically produced food is any safer, more nutritious than its conventionally produced counterpart. (quoted from EUFIC)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area