Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2009, 03:38 PM

24 posts, read 54,672 times

Advertisements

So happy it's like Christmas the moving company finally delivered our stuff out to us last night it's been a LONG 2 weeks. I am so happy we finally got our bed, our comfy chairs and the rest of my office things! Now it feels like home!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 05:25 PM

1,845 posts, read 3,938,156 times
Yay!!! Glad you got your stuff. Hopefully very little or none of it was damaged during the move.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:49 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,966 times
Moving is rough enough, w/o having your stuff to comfort ya too... that sounds like a long two weeks Congrats on it all... now the fun part of organizing it all?

NOLA2SGF - pfffffffffttt... have had can't tell ya how much stuff lost, stolen, or damaged during moves - not too happy. Of course, on the bright side, that's just that much less stuff need to keep clean and/or move next time...

Old 04-03-2009, 09:00 AM

24 posts, read 54,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA2SGF View Post
Yay!!! Glad you got your stuff. Hopefully very little or none of it was damaged during the move.

Everything made it in one piece no damage and all accounted for. But one word of warning to anyone moving CHECK OUT the moving company really good! Even though our things made it here we got scammed in the beginning the company we used gave us one price then after they had our things decided to jack the price up $500 bucks which we had to scramble to come up with or they wouldn't deliver. Good thing my military pension check came in the nick of time.

I will be contacting the State's attorney of the state they came out of about them. Anywho, our things are here, we are home and no more moving!!

Last edited by MSD61; 04-03-2009 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: Repeated words

Old 04-03-2009, 01:20 PM

321 posts, read 838,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD61 View Post
Everything made it in one piece no damage and all accounted for. But one word of warning to anyone moving CHECK OUT the moving company really good! Even though our things made it here we got scammed in the beginning the company we used gave us one price then after they had our things decided to jack the price up $500 bucks which we had to scramble to come up with or they wouldn't deliver. Good thing my military pension check came in the nick of time.

I will be contacting the State's attorney of the state they came out of about them. Anywho, our things are here, we are home and no more moving!!

Also contact Chris Koster, the Missouri attorney general. That is absolutely uncalled for. If they quoted you a price, then that is a legal binding contract. Although it was not a moving company from Missouri, they should be able to help you locate information and press forward with the moving companies home state.

Missouri Attorney General's Office

I am glad to hear that you received all of your household items in the same condition as you left them. I hope you enjoy your new home, and all that it brings.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:35 PM

95 posts, read 504,448 times
I agree about really knowing about the moving company you are going with. We had a suprise fee that was much more than $500, if we didn't pay they would have auctioned off our belongings. Our biggest mistake was having everything put into storage, and left it there for six months. When we were ready to take it out of storage, just about everything had some type of damage. We thought because everything was neatly shrink wrapped that it was ok. Out of a 10x15 storage room we only kept a couple things and everything else went to Goodwill. I couldn't stand to look at all the damage. Lesson well learned for us. It's been well over a year and still not over it. Be so careful and read the fine print.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:38 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
For others who may be moving it might behoove you to check out the American Moving Aand Storage Association's website at http://moving.org/. They provide some good advice. You CAN enter into a "not to exceed" contract with a mover which can protect you from usurous charges at your destination.

MSD61, enjoy your new home. Our turn's coming shortly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area