Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 10:41 PM

684 posts, read 1,150,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
The questions was "Is there ethnic diversity in the audience at the Branson Shows"

Surely, he jests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2012, 08:00 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,561,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
A friend of mine who is Black but is open to all kinds of music is thinking of driving cross country and stopping at Branson and seeing some shows. I told him that he will likely be the only Black person in the audience. I looked at the local demographics of Branson and it seems like a 98% white town. I suspect the nature of the music makes the crowds at the music halls 99.99% white. Am I right?
You are correct, and that is why we need forced busing. We need to take half the audiences out of those "urban" rap/hip-hop clubs and bus them to Branson where they will be forced to appreciate good country and bluegrass music.

On the other hand, it would be wrong to force-bus white audiences into the rap/hip-hop clubs, for that would undermine the true ethnicity of that "music." Whites should not ruin the "urban" experience.

Old 08-26-2012, 02:03 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,760,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
You are correct, and that is why we need forced busing. We need to take half the audiences out of those "urban" rap/hip-hop clubs and bus them to Branson where they will be forced to appreciate good country and bluegrass music.

On the other hand, it would be wrong to force-bus white audiences into the rap/hip-hop clubs, for that would undermine the true ethnicity of that "music." Whites should not ruin the "urban" experience.
Thank you for your post and I absolutely love it!!

Old 08-29-2012, 07:33 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
I don't think anyone will be rude. People in Branson just are not rude people. I took a black friend to Branson with me in the 70s and there were no other black people anywhere in sight, but everyone was nothing but nice to her. She was like your friend; liked all kinds of music/experiences, and she didn't really care what anyone thought, she just had a good time wherever she was.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:28 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
^^^ This is what it's supposed to be and is about!

Old 09-04-2012, 04:40 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
A friend of mine who is Black but is open to all kinds of music is thinking of driving cross country and stopping at Branson and seeing some shows. I told him that he will likely be the only Black person in the audience. I looked at the local demographics of Branson and it seems like a 98% white town. I suspect the nature of the music makes the crowds at the music halls 99.99% white. Am I right?
In Branson they don't care what color you are as long as your money is green.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-09-2012, 02:33 PM

635 posts, read 1,654,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
In Branson they don't care what color you are as long as your money is green.

20yrsinBranson
That really is what is comes down to in a tourist town like Branson. I've been going for years and every year it seems that it gets more and more diverse. I see the most diversity in the shopping centers and theme parks. Im not a big fan of the redneck, hillbilly type shows but I think Branson has a variety of entertainment that appeals to a wide range of likes/interests.

Branson will always hold onto it's roots (as it should) but they have had to adjust their attractions to bring in the "almighty $$$". I think SDC and the outlet stores are a must for everybody!!!

Old 08-17-2022, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 518 times
Default Is there ethnic diversity in the audience at the Branson Shows?

The 5 largest ethnic groups in Branson, MO are White (Non-Hispanic) (79.6%), Other (Hispanic) (7.31%), Black or African American (Non-Hispanic) (4.18%), White (Hispanic) (3.82%), and Asian (Non-Hispanic) (3.04%). 0% of the households in Branson, MO speak a non-English language at home as their primary language. 94% of the residents in Branson, MO are U.S. citizens.

Old 09-07-2022, 10:24 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,334,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsmoore View Post
I'm a black male from St. Louis and visited Branson a few times with family and I def. didn't feel out of place. Branson is a really welcoming place and I can't wait to go back and visit!
Correct! This isn't 1960 anymore. Springfield and Branson are quite different now. I've read stuff on here, news articles from back in the day from areas like Springfield but things have changed.

Old 09-07-2022, 10:27 PM

3,833 posts, read 3,334,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
That really is what is comes down to in a tourist town like Branson. I've been going for years and every year it seems that it gets more and more diverse. I see the most diversity in the shopping centers and theme parks. Im not a big fan of the redneck, hillbilly type shows but I think Branson has a variety of entertainment that appeals to a wide range of likes/interests.

Branson will always hold onto it's roots (as it should) but they have had to adjust their attractions to bring in the "almighty $$$". I think SDC and the outlet stores are a must for everybody!!!
I turn 39 next month. I do remember when going to SDC when I was like 5 they had all sorts of sized rebel flags you could buy because I always thought the battle flag was neat looking I'd make my parents buy me one. Last time I went was in 2013 and didn't see any being sold at the shops there. Of course in town they were all over the place you could buy them but didn't see any at SDC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area