Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:13 PM

6 posts, read 12,754 times

Advertisements

In 2001 my Dad took me to a restaurant that was mostly seafood. I know it was around Branson but I think it may have been outside of Branson. It looked small from the outside and it was down a hill. There was very little parking on the street and you had to go around into this parking lot down the hill behind the restaurant. All the Waiters were dressed up and there were no prices on the menu. They had a ridiculously big ice cream sundae. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? If so please let me know. I would love to go back to this place but my Dad died and I never thought to ask him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 07:23 PM

Anybody???? Please???

Old 04-26-2009, 08:03 PM

974 posts, read 1,586,760 times
I am new to the area and unfortunately I do not eat out often. I will ask some people at work that have lived here their whole lives and find out for you.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:00 AM

321 posts, read 837,970 times
Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of at the moment is Landry's. It's been a long time since I've been there and I don't know if that's the one you are looking for or not. Here is a list of a few other seafood places in and around the Branson area.

Whipper Snapper's
Candlestick Inn
White River Fish House
Shogun Steak & Seafood

Old 04-27-2009, 08:02 AM

130 posts, read 367,742 times
I have no idea, but I will list some names here and jog some memory until the life-timers get here!

Was it...

Landry's?
Joe's Crab Shack (they dress up)
Whipper Snappers?
The Bearded Clam?

Just joggin' your memory...Maybe it was Joe's Crab Shack but they are down in Branson Landing - but it may have been before they moved there? I don't know. Never ate Seafood in Branson aside from Pepper Corn's...would it be them?

Hmmm...

Old 04-29-2009, 11:47 AM

Thanks so much everybody. The Candlestick inn sounds REALLY familiar, so I'm thinking that must be the place. I appreciate all the help.

Old 05-01-2009, 10:00 AM

321 posts, read 837,970 times
Just out of pure curiosity I pulled up Candlestick Inn on google maps and in fact it is at the bottom of a hill and the parking lot is very very small.

Here's their address in case you want to look it up on google maps to see for yourself.

127 Taney Street
Branson, MO 65616

Branson MO Best Restaurant Candlestick Inn

Old 05-02-2009, 04:24 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Candlestick isn't mainly seafood, tho...and I think they have new management in the last couple of years. It's wonderful...if a little pricey.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:16 AM

879 posts, read 2,878,142 times
Default Candlestick...maybe

Well, the Candlestick has always had prices on their menu and I don't remember the old one having ice cream sundaes (but a killer chocolate cupcake). And like Lake Junkie said, it's not (nor was) mostly seafood.

I actually don't know of any really high priced restaurants that were around here in 2001 (didn't live here, but visited here often and ate out a lot). Wormans at Big Cedar is about the most expensive one with the "new" Candlestick (French-ish) being right behind it.

Do you remember if it was overlooking the water? or??

Old 05-03-2009, 09:15 PM

Thanks again everybody, I am sure they had no prices listed because I was so surprised about that as it was the only time I ate at a place like that. The other thing I remember is we had calamari to start and he had a lobster tail and so did my baby brother. I had crab legs. The bill was around 150-200 dollars for everything including the giant sundae.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area