Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,055,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Thats one thing we do have is DSL but we just got it.I remember we got a Phone 12 years ago and at the time we had Party Line.

No UPS kept getting stuck back here.

Had the Fire Department get lost they came back here turned a Truck over.

I had the Law come back here one had to serve papers on back.I took him on back with my old Wood Truck,didn't have Brakes that got him all excited.Then one time me and my wife was out front.Here comes bunch of Vehicals,seen they had State Plates.My wife asked what I had done? I told her I didn't know.They jump out with all kinds of Firepower.I'm wondering where I'm sleeping.They asked if I was so and so?I told them I was.Well they was on a Man Hunt,they wanted me to take them back to a Guys Camp.I told them the Guy was not who they were looking for but I would take them back there.Man after that I know where I would go if I was in trouble them Guys were so out of shape running them hills.

Forestry come back here to put out brush fire turned their Dozer over back here.

I had to have an Ambulance come get me.They had a 4WD Pickup come back get me.It still took over an hour.

Yea its fun back here.

hillman
boy oh boy, you ARE in the sticks!!! lol Enjoyed reading your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 04:54 PM

879 posts, read 2,873,811 times
Default It depends...

I'll answer for two homes...mine which is about 15 miles from Branson and my Dad's which is about 25 miles from any town (Berryville Ark. is closest) in a very small little "development" on the lake.

My mail is delivered to a central location of "boxes" within the development and we have to pick it up ourselves. My dad neighborhood gets it delivered to either a mail box in front of the house or to a central row of individual mail boxes...depends on what the individual wants.

Garbage is picked up where I live each week at the house with a can provided by the trash company. No recyle, no trees, etc. My dad's trash is picked up weekly but there is a large trash bin for the neighborhood. They pick up most anything that is put in the thing.

Propane...no problem with either location. Propane trucks seem to go most anywhere there are roads and they tend to ensure that they are accessable before the tanks are put in (most of the tanks are owned by/purchased from) the propane companies.

Emergency issues are not quick for either of us, but the hardest for my dad. It takes an ambulance about 20-25 minutes to get to my place, it took 45 minutes to get to my dads (we had occasion last year to test them both unfortunately). They had no problem finding my house, the ambulance got lost going to my dads.

Fed X and UPS no problem for either location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area