U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2009, 04:43 PM

116 posts, read 212,510 times

Advertisements

Hi all , I will be in your fine city at the end of this month. Will someone
give me some advice on the best area to stay ? I will only be able to stay one night. But will have a full day to visit the city. Also any good safe hotel will be helpfull price range no more then $100. Thanks Skipper

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 09:34 PM

382 posts, read 1,021,500 times
Default You asked so here you go......

Skiper - Good to see you are finally making a trip here. You will love it. I promise. Here is my favorite hotel. Baymont Inn and Suites, 3776 S Glenstone, 417.889.8188, www.baymontspringfield.com. Amenities are: free WI-FI, complimentary breakfast (not a continental; this is real food), indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center. Very nice rooms. Employees are very personable and helpful. Clean. Nice atmosphere all the way round. We sometimes take the grandson there for a special, night away from home, treat. Super Wally World right across the street. Outback Steak House next door. Right in the middle of everything. Good central location. There are two Baymonts - one near the airport and the one on Glenstone so be sure which one you book with. I could not find a toll free number, though. Maybe their website has one. Also check out the local paper www.News-Leader.com for upcoming local events you may want to check out while you are here. Hope this will help. If driving, be safe as Highway 63 is a little twisty-turny after leaving Jonesboro, at least until you reach Mammoth Springs/Thayer. Beautiful scenery so enjoy.

OH, this is a MUST DO. Don't know how I could have forgotten this one. Go eat at Lamberts in Ozark. It is about 4 miles south off Hwy. 65, 2nd Ozark exit, east side of the highway. But certain to wear your fat-pants and bring a wheel barrow so they can haul you back out to your vehicle. Alka Seltzer would be good too. Best miserable feeling you will ever enjoy.

Last edited by SassyGirl2; 08-10-2009 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: Forgot Lamberts, of all things!

Old 08-11-2009, 04:54 AM

Thanks a million !!!

Old 08-11-2009, 06:48 AM

8,262 posts, read 17,581,218 times
Hello. I visited Branson 2 weeks ago with 2 of my grandaughters. Love Branson!! We stayed at The Quality Inn across the street from Baldknobbers. Excellant hotel. Excellant rooms. Excellant staff. Excellant full breakfast. 1 of my grandaughters is 7 months pregnant and they treated her like a queen! Even without all the entertainment venues, i could see myself retiring in that area. Can you say TROUT FISHING?????

Old 08-11-2009, 09:59 AM

437 posts, read 1,008,405 times
I couldn't determine if the original poster meant Springfield or Branson (which are, of course, two different cities) but I would reccommend any of the COMFORT INNS in either location; I've stayed at them all and they are all consistent in cleanliness, good customer service, location, etc.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:55 PM

Thanks all for reply. I am staying in Branson 3 nights (Angel Inn ) I will drive to Springfield for a full
day . I can not wait !!! Can someone tell me what restaurant if any is in Bass pro shop ?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:27 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,269,349 times
Hemingway's seafood restaurant is inside Bass Pro Shop. It's ok, not the best I've been to but good. Buckingham's Bar-B-Cue is right across the street, very good.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:15 AM

879 posts, read 2,747,654 times
Default Restaurants...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebll31 View Post
Hemingway's seafood restaurant is inside Bass Pro Shop. It's ok, not the best I've been to but good. Buckingham's Bar-B-Cue is right across the street, very good.
Check out the restaurant thread on CD. There have been several good suggestions.

As an FYI....I don't know when fireball last checked out Buckinghams, but the last two times I ate there recently it had gone way downhill. I think they may have changed owners/managers/?? The food was nothing like before nor like the one in Nixa.

There are also several good restaurants in downtown Springfield...Springfield Brewery, Nonna's, Mille's Turn of Century Cafe, Trolleys, etc. Someone said Maria's is good, but I've never been there. Ditto for Whole Hog BBQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>