Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 11:03 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
stupid kids. ill be sure to let you know when my my uhaul pulls into town. You think the three opinions in a forum affects me. Your all nuts. I'll be there with bells on. Maybe I look for the area that tablerock is. Unless I see large amounts snake ... ha

Ahh Senora, PLease don't worry about the serpientes.
Them Chiggers though.. Ya'll best esté muy atemorizado

..........................................Bassman bring culture to the Ozarks...................................
How do you translate "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cali BassMan again" into Espanol? Guys, we've gotta make sure that our pal moderator ShadowCaver can look forward to enjoying a nice peaceful Labor Day weekend (of course, if they change it to Service Employees International Union Day weekend, all bets are off....).

Old 09-01-2009, 07:43 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,428,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaving colorado View Post
I am really confused by this 8 snake.Someone puts me in a category with mexican gangs ,and all of a sudden I have a chip on my shoulder.I dont care if you welcome me or not.You dont run the town.The realtors will welcome me just fine.I have every right to ask about illegals.If you didnt like it why did you respond?No one pulled your string.
Seriously, do you have problems with reading comprehension?? You seem to be really confused in much of this thread. I don't know how many different ways I can tell you: THE CHIP ON YOUR SHOULDER BECAME EVIDENT WITH YOUR VERY FIRST POST. Has absolutely nothing to do with this crap about gangs, graffiti, etc. I'll say it again. You displayed a chip on your shoulder with the very first post.

Honestly, I couldn't care less whether you move here or not. I highly doubt we'll cross paths and I'm no longer worried about whether you'll fit in or not. I think we all know how that's going to work out...

Quote:
Geez Louise......and why are you telling me all about what mexicans want,I'm not mexican.Por qué me estás diciendo lo que los mexicanos quieren?
Please, please, please show me the post where I told you all about what mexicans want. I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about. Actually, I'm sure of it.

We have a saying here that fits well with this thread. Goes something like this..."When you wrestle with pigs in the mud long enough, you figure out that one of you actually likes it." With that, I'm out.

Edit - and before you get a major burr up the back side, I am most certainly not calling you (or anyone else) a pig. It's just an expression.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:35 AM

4 posts, read 6,248 times
Hello,
I am going to risk attack and jump in on this one.
I have been following these posts and I am putting my 2 cents in.

I have lived in California for many, many, years.
I have watched it deteriorate into a Hellhole from the illegals and liberal politicians that cower to them.
We have many, many, murders, rapes, drugs, child molesters, gangs, welfare cases, thieves, etc...
because of the illegals in our state.
We have overcrowded schools, hospitals, roads, etc. because of illegals.
We have a 5 BILLION+++ dollar budget spent on illegals yearly by the taxpayers on illegals.
We have a water shortage, dirty air, maxed out landfills, etc. because of illegals.
Our prison system is more than 50% filled with illegals who are in because they did VIOLENT crimes.
The list could go on and on......
YOU WANT ILLEGALS?????
TAKE OURS!!!!!
WE"LL PAY THEIR BUS FARE TO YOU!!!!
If you think they are harmless..........come see for yourself. You too can be another LA.
Warning.
IF you don't get them out of your area, you will have our nightmare.
And one last thing....
One of the illegals just robbed a pharmacy near me and then tried to murder my 88 year old neighbor. He is in jail right now, She has a severe brain injury from him.

Think about it.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:57 AM

42 posts, read 156,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgal100 View Post
Hello,
I am going to risk attack and jump in on this one.
I have been following these posts and I am putting my 2 cents in.

I have lived in California for many, many, years.
I have watched it deteriorate into a Hellhole from the illegals and liberal politicians that cower to them.
We have many, many, murders, rapes, drugs, child molesters, gangs, welfare cases, thieves, etc...
because of the illegals in our state.
We have overcrowded schools, hospitals, roads, etc. because of illegals.
We have a 5 BILLION+++ dollar budget spent on illegals yearly by the taxpayers on illegals.
We have a water shortage, dirty air, maxed out landfills, etc. because of illegals.
Our prison system is more than 50% filled with illegals who are in because they did VIOLENT crimes.
The list could go on and on......
YOU WANT ILLEGALS?????
TAKE OURS!!!!!
WE"LL PAY THEIR BUS FARE TO YOU!!!!
If you think they are harmless..........come see for yourself. You too can be another LA.
Warning.
IF you don't get them out of your area, you will have our nightmare.
And one last thing....
One of the illegals just robbed a pharmacy near me and then tried to murder my 88 year old neighbor. He is in jail right now, She has a severe brain injury from him.

Think about it.
This here is the reason I asked about them in the first place.Yall say I have a chip on my shoulder,but then the rest of you make comments about mexicans,and how most ppl would consider you racist.So you see I am not the problem here.Its yall's perception.Because yall are from Missouri,and Curmedgeon because you are so desperate to fit in with the rest of them,you all gang up together and say absurd things.How come this lady understands exactly what my post meant,and yall did not??Anyways I got the answer I wanted,Its obviuosly not the illegals I shoud be worried about.Its folks like yall.Dont worry I would hate to have neighbors like you as well.I think yall are bored ,and have nothing better to do with your time,so you get on here and try to attack ppl.Its all very funny in my book.Take care. I cant wait to go house hunting there.
tienen un gran day.i se que voy a

Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
...and Curmedgeon because you are so desperate to fit in with the rest of them...
Thank you for informing me of my motivation to agree that illegal immigrants are a problem. I'm a former cop here in CA and am all too aware of their contribution to our crime problem and overall; state and community costs. They are also a large part of the reason I'm leaving the state and moving back to America in Missouri.

It's not an issue of wanting to fit in and certainly not one of any form of "desperation." It's a matter of shared values. I've been around way too long to concern myself with my popularity, to be politically correct or to tip toe around any issue.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:21 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,859,728 times
I sure wish Missouri didn't have it's share of illegals, gang members, graffiti and the mess that goes with it but they do too. The rural area seem to have less issues with certian crimes unless they are an area where certain types of jobs exist that would be more likely to hire those with no or forged documents.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:46 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,230 times
So many of these forum threads on the subject of illegals can turn nasty. I know former Governor Matt Blunt really cracked down on illegals in Missouri, and the employers who knowingly hired them. I'm kind of curious how current Governor Jay Nixon would compare to Blunt in this regard, or if he's been in office for too short a period of time to make a determination.

For me, an immigrant just needs to come here legally (and we in turn need to streamline the citizenship process for legal immigrants as best as we can), learn to speak and write English in a reasonably affluent manner, and obey our laws. Then I and, I would think, most of us, would make a strong effort to be very supportive, encouraging, and welcoming. It seems like the Vietnamese in California's Orange County have done a mostly fine job at assimilating into our country. There's no reason why Hispanics can't do likewise, and why we shouldn't expect the same from them.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:00 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,562,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Thank you for informing me of my motivation to agree that illegal immigrants are a problem. I'm a former cop here in CA and am all too aware of their contribution to our crime problem and overall; state and community costs. They are also a large part of the reason I'm leaving the state and moving back to America in Missouri.

Oh, my, this is hilarious. Curmudgeon hasn't even moved here yet and already non-Missourians are attacking him for his Missouri values!

And what's better is he's defending Missouri and trying to close the door behind him. He's more anti-outsider than i am, and that's saying something!

Old 09-01-2009, 07:30 PM

42 posts, read 156,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Oh, my, this is hilarious. Curmudgeon hasn't even moved here yet and already non-Missourians are attacking him for his Missouri values!

And what's better is he's defending Missouri and trying to close the door behind him. He's more anti-outsider than i am, and that's saying something!
You cant be serious right now.I started this thread for that exact reason.Colorado is becoming a suburb of Mexico,so I was asking about illegals in Missouri so I would know if I wanted to raise my children there.But I had a chip on my shoulder according to yall for even asking the question.Absolutely amazing! Yet again your responses make no sense.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:15 PM

1,069 posts, read 2,562,827 times
Quote:
You cant be serious right now.I started this thread for that exact reason....Yet again your responses make no sense.
Here is the post that started the thread:

Quote:
I was just wondering the percentage of illegals in the area.I looked at the detailed profile,but that was from 2007.I hear the ethnic diversity is very little so just thought would ask.
I thought you started this thread to try to verify rumors that Missouri lacks ethnic diversity by determining if we had a quota of illegal Mexicans here; I thought you were looking for a reason to join the chorus of outsiders who complain about how white this state is.

As everyone on city-data knows, I'm the one with a shoulder chip; I don't care for very many outsiders. I figure they're going to come in here and ruin the state. Curmudgeon and CaliBassMan are about the only ones I'm willing to accept. Of course, I don't have any veto power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area