Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 04:38 AM

1 posts, read 4,769 times

Advertisements

Hi, is anyone familiar with Highlandville? I can find nothing but statistics about it on the internet, and one neat site with a few pictures from a resident. What is it actually like?

Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2006, 10:38 PM

15 posts, read 58,149 times
Hello,

I live in Mississippi at the moment but lived in Nixa which is just north of Highlandville for about 18 years.

It's a small rural community but is benefiting from being located between Nixa and Branson. Christian county has been and might still be THE fastest growing county in the state of Missouri. It is experiencing an exodus of people from the west coast and other areas.

There is plenty to go and do in Springfield and in Branson and Highlandville itself is growing, but still a small rural community. I've heard they have good schools.

I love the area and highly suggest visiting the trout farm where you catch them and they cook them right there for you. It's very quaint and nice.

hope that gives you something. Many people who live there do work in Branson, Nixa, Ozark, Springfield and other surrounding small towns. Wheather is not too bad, except for occasional tornado or snow storm.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:10 PM

879 posts, read 2,878,977 times
We live just a few miles south-east of Highlandville. It's a small rural community with a few services like a bank, a restaurant (new), etc.
It's fairly close to West Branson and Nixa. It's a quiet area with farms and such. I don't think they are big enough for a chamber or tourist office.
If your looking for a rural location 15-20 miles from town it would be worth looking into when your in the area.

Old 10-13-2007, 10:49 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times
Default Highlandville

Highlandville...it's the New Nixa.

Now that Nixa and Ozark are more like suburbs of Springfield...you know.

Beautiful, like all of Missouri.
Rolling hills, much open pasture land, creeks & some woods.
Prices are very reasonable, for the area.

And...it's close to the lake.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:50 PM

167 posts, read 451,676 times
It's awesome. but I may be biased...

Old 07-22-2009, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,177 times
i live in Highlandville its a great little town. we share schools with Spokane. High school and middle school in Spokane and elementry in Highlandville. we have a gas station, sale barn, bank, antique shops, a used car lot, a trout farm, and many of churchs. if ya have any more questions e-mail me at [email]PBRgirl1990@yahoo.com[/email]. we also have so crick and river places.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:44 PM

10 posts, read 38,829 times
We were just there last week. I never found the town lol. The signs said we were in the town, but all we saw were a few homes and farms. Lovely area though.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:27 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times
Wink Now that's funny...

I guess it depends on what you are looking for and what you expect to find......when you're looking for "town"...!

Many of these tiny towns are only defined by a "city limits" sign and the location of a school, bank, church, restaurant or post office. The 2-lane highway (160) doesn't even stop in Highlandville, although there is a reduced speed for a couple of miles. There are other little bergs around here that don't even have a church or a restaurant or a bank...they may only be defined by a spot on a map. Doesn't mean it's not a great place! If you were looking for a quaint little town square, Highlandville is not big enough for that.

Expectations.

Expectations are what defines our happiness...with relationships, with a job, with your new home...managing expectations ends up being one of the most important things I do every day.

Highlandville is half way between Springfield & Branson West (or Branson) and is a lovely place if you seek peace & quiet and want to be out of the path of urban sprawl. It should be many years before the whole corridor between Springberg & America's Hometown is one big suburb.

~Lake Junkie

Old 07-28-2009, 01:45 PM

1,921 posts, read 6,427,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post
It should be many years before the whole corridor between Springberg & America's Hometown is one big suburb.
If anyone's looking for the tell-tale sign of when that day comes, look for the tail lights of my moving van.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:23 PM

1 posts, read 4,070 times
Default Re: Anyone know Highlandville?

I lived in Highlandville for 3 years. I now live in Nixa just north of Highlandville. Highlandville is a nice quite community. The only store and only Bank are on hwy 160 that runs from Springfield south to Branson.
There is only one school, their elementary school. Middle school and high school kids must ride the bus about 8 miles south to Spokane to go to school. Although I found the schools adequet for my kids I wouldn't call them good. Ciriculum in middle and high school is mainly focused on FFA (Future Famers of America) stuff. There are a few tech classes but their school system does not offer a well rounded education. My children improved greatly just in the first semester after moving to Nixa.
Highlandville does also offer a nice new resturant, pizza place but anything past that you have to ride back to Nixa, Ozark or Branson. The city hall and police station and post office are located next to the Elementary school. If you want to live in the country and not have to commute to far it is great, but it is far enough from amenities that you definately don't want to forget anything on your way home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area