Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 06:15 PM

54 posts, read 71,399 times

Advertisements

Just got back from Branson. The sales people told me that they were selling out as fast as they could build them. Ya right. and she also said that west gates new property in vegas was booming. I have read nothing positive lately about vegas. From people who are on the inside how bad is the time share sales?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 11:31 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,018,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydigger View Post
Just got back from Branson. The sales people told me that they were selling out as fast as they could build them. Ya right. and she also said that west gates new property in vegas was booming. I have read nothing positive lately about vegas. From people who are on the inside how bad is the time share sales?
Timeshare salesmen will tell you anything. Trust me. You are wise to ask questions. If you would possibly be interested in buying a timeshare, you can get a much better deal on the secondary resale market.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-20-2009, 08:45 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,362,726 times
Wink Timeshares...

I haven't heard from anyone in the real world who thinks timeshares are a great long term investment...
I think the best thing about a TS is IF you travel a lot you can stay nicer places for less money. But don't count on the original investment coming back...right?
Talk to people who are trying to SELL their timeshares......I've never bought one, I'm a bricks 'n mortar girl...

Old 10-25-2009, 02:58 PM

158 posts, read 374,356 times
My personal feeling is that with timeshare you are locked in to limited resources and often the scheduling is not as much under your control as you would like. However, there are some great deals on the secondary market because someone made a poor (hasty?) decision to buy and now just wants to dump the investment. If you travel a lot and the program offers timeshares in the areas you travel to it could be a good deal. For me, as a former airline employee with 50% or better discounts at nearly every hotel on the planet, the timeshare deal just didn't make good financial sense for the actual usage, and the long-term investment return was such an unknown that it becomes just another high-risk real estate investment. If you don't have the stomach for risky real estate deals (definitely not my cup of tea) then it's probably best to stay away from these.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:37 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,184,850 times
Truth we wrote out a check for TS,talked about it and slep on it over night.Decided we were more of out of the Pickup,Tent Camping type,put a stop on the Check.

hillman

Old 10-26-2009, 01:43 PM

635 posts, read 1,647,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Truth we wrote out a check for TS,talked about it and slep on it over night.Decided we were more of out of the Pickup,Tent Camping type,put a stop on the Check.

hillman

You know how I got lured to Branson for the first time??? One of those fast talking sales people that offers a "Branson Getaway" package deal for a discount price....Oh yea the catch Come listen to this 2 hour long sales pitch from h-e double hockey sticks of how great our properties are and at a price that you can't pass up.

I went...the salespeople were relentless. Needless to say when I am approached by one of those "great deals" I remember the nightmare of those salespeople However...it got me to Branson and I have been hooked ever since.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:50 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,184,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
You know how I got lured to Branson for the first time??? One of those fast talking sales people that offers a "Branson Getaway" package deal for a discount price....Oh yea the catch Come listen to this 2 hour long sales pitch from h-e double hockey sticks of how great our properties are and at a price that you can't pass up.

I went...the salespeople were relentless. Needless to say when I am approached by one of those "great deals" I remember the nightmare of those salespeople However...it got me to Branson and I have been hooked ever since.
Yea what people have to know to is when you back out of the Deal you have to send a Letter to the company plus take back all the Paperwork or they can charge you for that.

hillman

Old 10-26-2009, 04:28 PM

635 posts, read 1,647,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Yea what people have to know to is when you back out of the Deal you have to send a Letter to the company plus take back all the Paperwork or they can charge you for that.

hillman
Yep...I sat through that experience but I didn't like it. But yes... the agreement is that you attend the tour and sales pitch.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:01 PM

1,238 posts, read 4,455,955 times
Sadly, Branson is not the only place that does this-Cancun and Playa del Carmen Mexico is on the timeshare bandwagon also. We were offered a Mexican blanket and a bottle of tequila to go "visit their property". We were warned ahead of time that once they take you to the resort, you are pretty much in their hands as to how long it will be before they return you.
Timeshares work well for retired folks who can be flexible on when and where they travel. If you have a specific site in mind, on a specific date (due to work issues) it can be very complicated and frustrating. For what my folks pay in maintenance fees alone at Ozark Mountain (Kimberling City) I can stay much closer to the things I want to see. They are interested in fishing-so it doesn't bother them to be 30-45 minutes from Highway 76. Not me. I don't want to cook on vacation, this is my time off! Plus there is no cap on how high the maintenance fees can go. It is NOT a real estate investment, since you don't own the property. Works for some people, not for me!

Old 10-27-2009, 12:41 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,018,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
Yep...I sat through that experience but I didn't like it. But yes... the agreement is that you attend the tour and sales pitch.
My cousin gets 3 - 4 free vacations every year by taking these "tours". She has been to Vegas, Lake Tahoe, Mexico, Branson, Hawaii and a few other places on their dime (had to provide her own transportation though). Most likely, by the end of the presentation they were begging her to leave, LOL. If you knew her you would understand what I mean.

Anyway, they have never bought one, but been on lots of cool trips courtesy of their sales departments.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area