Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 12:08 PM

635 posts, read 1,655,730 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any Cabin (housing) rentals that are rented out long term? I have tossed around several ideas of where I want to live in Branson and I keep coming back to the "LAKE." Indian point has rentals month to month and are close to the lake but I'd prefer to get up in the morning and see water. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 11:01 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Question Why rent?

More info needed! Are you looking for the long-haul or for a temporary home? In general terms, what's your housing budget? Why do you want to rent rather than buy? It's still a buyer's market. Now's the time.

We bought six weeks ago and wake up every morning gazing at Table Rock Lake across the street and about 100 steps from our front yard. It was delightfully affordable

Old 10-27-2009, 11:32 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollym313 View Post
Does anyone know of any Cabin (housing) rentals that are rented out long term? I have tossed around several ideas of where I want to live in Branson and I keep coming back to the "LAKE." Indian point has rentals month to month and are close to the lake but I'd prefer to get up in the morning and see water. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Trust me when I tell you that there are about a gazillion laskefront/lake view condos (and a few cabins and homes) that you can rent for any period of time you wish - nightly, weekly, monthly or long-term. *and* for a mighty good price.

Sadly, due to the economy, Branson is feeling the effects and many of the "nightly rental" properties have not been rented as often as in previous years. This has caused some financial woes for the owners and they are more than willing/happy to negotiate any kind of rental arrangement that they can get. I am told that even condos at the Landing (on lake Taneycomo) are renting for a fraction of what they would in a prosperous market.

You need to find out where you want too be and then contact the management company that would handle that property. Remember that prices are VERY NEGOTIABLE right now, so do not be discouraged if the price comes back higher than what you are looking to pay.

best of luck

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-27-2009, 02:03 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,632 times
Quote:
Since you're talking Indian Point, I'll assume you're wanting Table Rock Lake. For the most part, the only "cabins" we have are the old resorts, which absolutely do rent long term "out of season"...but they stay busy enough between April & September to only rent weekly.

If you're wanting to rent by the year, your best bet is a condo. I can put you in touch with some of the people who manage long term condo rentals if you like. (We don't do rentals. )

As far as houses, again, there are a couple of companies who do manage property, I'm assuming you've talked to them...and of course the newspaper & local radio station websites.

Let me know if you want more help...

Old 10-28-2009, 07:29 AM

635 posts, read 1,655,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
More info needed! Are you looking for the long-haul or for a temporary home? In general terms, what's your housing budget? Why do you want to rent rather than buy? It's still a buyer's market. Now's the time.

We bought six weeks ago and wake up every morning gazing at Table Rock Lake across the street and about 100 steps from our front yard. It was delightfully affordable

I'm looking at rentals right now. I want to get used to the area...soak it all in and then make a decision to buy. I have really gotten attached to the Branson area and my son and I love water. The budget depends on...wether it includes utitlities or not. Maybe $600 without and $750 with utilities paid. We don't need much...it is just my (almost) 14 y/o son and myself. Short-term leasing would be fine if we would not be kicked out when tourism picked up. I know some places will continually rent month to month and some change rates/policies when the masses start spilling in.

What a nice thought of gazing out at the lake everyday.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:07 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
I'm looking at rentals right now. I want to get used to the area...soak it all in and then make a decision to buy. I have really gotten attached to the Branson area and my son and I love water. The budget depends on...wether it includes utitlities or not. Maybe $600 without and $750 with utilities paid. We don't need much...it is just my (almost) 14 y/o son and myself. Short-term leasing would be fine if we would not be kicked out when tourism picked up. I know some places will continually rent month to month and some change rates/policies when the masses start spilling in.

What a nice thought of gazing out at the lake everyday.
Then I will leave you in Lake Junkie's capable hands to steer you in the right direction. She found our house for us!

Old 02-01-2012, 01:39 PM

3 posts, read 8,202 times
Cottage resort on indian point rents by the month from november to may. It isn't expensive. Good place, like your right out in the woods. Love it

Old 02-10-2012, 02:31 PM

6 posts, read 25,261 times
I live in a Condo on Indian Point and love it. Rent is reasonable at 600 a month which includes cable, internet, pool and great view. Utilities are a little high but u can work with them. I live here year round so you can see I really love it. Lots of critters to see including American Eagles, Black Bears, Deer, and little critters. Groundhogs ect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area