Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2007, 01:27 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,340,453 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever been to one? ...

Well when we were in Springfield I picked up every flyer / newspaper etc I could get my hands on.

Billy Long Auctioneer Inc had a add in one with some homes being sold as low as 14,000

Anyone been to one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 02:39 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,551,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post

Well when we were in Springfield I picked up every flyer / newspaper etc I could get my hands on.

Billy Long Auctioneer Inc had a add in one with some homes being sold as low as 14,000

Anyone been to one?
You need to be really careful with auctions. My husband and I bought land through auction but when we sold it we lost money because we couldn't find anyone to buy and end up selling for less than we pay for it to owner next to us where the land was. By the way the reason we sold because it was to far up in the mountain and it would have been hard to build where it was. So if you take the time to see what the land looks like than you can get a really good deal if that is what you want. I would make sure to do your research. For example I know where my husband lives in the Northern part of Missouri area such as Chariton, Randolph,Macon and Linn County that land cost $2,000 an acre. He has a friend that bought land in Springfield ( not sure where but he said the nicest location) but it cost him $10,000 an acre. I got a tip from the realtor Kim and Jim used to buy there home. For Texas county land cost 1,000 per acre to as high as about $3,000 per acre, just depending what is on the acreage and whether it is wooded, cleared, river, creek, etc. River property will go even higher than that.

My husband mention to me that we could by land for cheap in Missouri and buy a fixer up mobile and put money into to make it really nice. My thinking it might be to much work that we better to find a older home with a basement and spend the money to fix that up. What you think?

Old 07-10-2007, 02:53 PM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,382,253 times
Question Auctions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beamissourian View Post

Anyone been to one?
Careybear's right, 2be...you have to be really careful with auctions. Unless you've done your homework and know what each property is worth and have a clear idea the top dollar you're willing to pay...it's easy to get caught up in the emotion of the moment (that's what they try to create!) and spend more than you meant to.

Comparison shop...my advice.
JB aka Blue Moon for now...

Old 07-10-2007, 03:13 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,537,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Moon View Post
Careybear's right, 2be...you have to be really careful with auctions. Unless you've done your homework and know what each property is worth and have a clear idea the top dollar you're willing to pay...it's easy to get caught up in the emotion of the moment (that's what they try to create!) and spend more than you meant to.

Comparison shop...my advice.
JB aka Blue Moon for now...
Honestly, the best advice I can give is do some auctioning on ebay. It is good practice (though obviously at lower dollar amounts) on setting your high price and sticking with it.

It becomes VERY tempting to increase your high bid just because you get caught up in the moment and really want something.

You will see this CONSTANTLY on ebay, and people end up paying more than it is worth.

As said above, do your homework, come up with the highest price you will go, and STICK TO THAT!!

Old 07-10-2007, 05:08 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,340,453 times
Oh I do my home work .. I have a Missouri note book going lol... what towns are moving what towns are going through change / improvements etc.

I go bid crazy on ebay - I now have a rule in my house I can not big a 2nd time without my daughter checking it with me ....... I once purchased musical instruments ......for my daycare ... that I could of purchased new for the price and I knew it .. I wanted to WIN!!

I would have to know details on the property ..rights / etc before I ever did a home auction ..

as a Realtor what can you tell me of this said auctioneer?

Thanks everyone .......... and as far as the info that you gave above .......that goes for any purchase you make home / car / auction or no auction! ... I evaluate everything . Im the bargain hunter in this family!

Old 07-13-2007, 09:14 AM

393 posts, read 1,736,495 times
Default on the other hand....

Go to many Springfield area auctions-one of our favorite pastimes (as well as yard saling) and have also seen places go really, really cheap. Place in Republic went for only 10K (no I don't mean 100K) for the house and land. Needed some work, but was in a nice area. And we've been to others that someone knows the place, lives nearby, and gets a really good deal on a place. So ya never know... but homework is definitely a must.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area