U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2007, 09:13 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,428,370 times

Advertisements

OK guys, I have rental properties here in Joplin and two in NY from my beginner days. Just about the only appeal to me is 2-6 plex. I dont really know much about Ozark or Nixa other than I like it and it is GROWING! I am looking at a few properties ( 2 in Ozark and 1 in Nixa) to purchase as rental property. They are low-mid income housing units. Do you locals there think this is a wise move? The reason I ask is, it appears to me that your area is a more upscale area. Im not sure if this would be a smarter buy inside Springfield or not. Do you think the demand for rental property is high in Ozark or Nixa or should I forget it? I have never bought anything in a place that I dont or havent lived but I'm being offered a great deal on this property. Is this a "great deal" because no one rents here due to the upscale area or do you think it is a good buy?
I havent been all around your towns but from what I saw, it was mostly new construction. I presume people with good jobs in Spgfd that dont want to live in Spgfd. Any advise would be great.

Thanks GSD
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 02:14 PM

65 posts, read 373,631 times
Default rental property in Nixa and Ozark

I think it would be a good investment, if you are buying at the right price, the market is different but I believe that we are in a strong market, and you would have no problem finding renters.

I live in Ozark, have 3 children in the school system and I really see their school population increasing each year.

I believe with the amount of people moving in to the area many are doing what we did 9 years ago and taking a year to rent to get our bearings before shopping and buying a home, others go out and buy. I just wasnt sure where I wanted to be and we rented a year while we scouted out the area and looked at different options.

I hope this helps.
Sending you a pm message as well.

Old 05-27-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Stewart View Post
I think it would be a good investment, if you are buying at the right price, the market is different but I believe that we are in a strong market, and you would have no problem finding renters.

I live in Ozark, have 3 children in the school system and I really see their school population increasing each year.

I believe with the amount of people moving in to the area many are doing what we did 9 years ago and taking a year to rent to get our bearings before shopping and buying a home, others go out and buy. I just wasnt sure where I wanted to be and we rented a year while we scouted out the area and looked at different options.

I hope this helps.
Sending you a pm message as well.
Thanks Darren, Anyone else have advise?????

Old 05-28-2007, 01:29 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,397,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsd353 View Post
Thanks Darren, Anyone else have advise?????
I'm here in Nixa so if there is anything I can help out with let me know. I would think there would be a strong rental market here based on the types of jobs available and the wage scale in this area. I see a lot of duplex rental units along Main street and it looks like some down around South St/160. I'm not sure where you are looking to purchase but if you need pics or info give me a shout.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
I'm here in Nixa so if there is anything I can help out with let me know. I would think there would be a strong rental market here based on the types of jobs available and the wage scale in this area. I see a lot of duplex rental units along Main street and it looks like some down around South St/160. I'm not sure where you are looking to purchase but if you need pics or info give me a shout.
I was down there Friday. I am looking at two duplex's behind Lowes in Ozark on 15th st. Thanks!

Old 07-10-2007, 10:15 PM

3 posts, read 9,598 times
Default GSD353; Rentals available in Ozark

Did you buy your rental property? I am currently looking for a 1-2 bedroom available in August; would you happen to have one available?
Thanks.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:38 PM

10 posts, read 26,584 times
Default Ozark-Nixa rentals

Those areas are actually more affordable than Springfield, for some reason. Looking for an apartment for a young person I was helping out, we found you could save a couple of hundred dollars a month by renting in Ozark or Nixa, if you were looking for a decent quality environment (not expensive or fancy, just not dumpy or rundown). Apartments have been going up like crazy, but affordable houses are another question. Dumps abound, and drug hovels, but not a lot to rent if you're just a small family looking for a safe, clean place to raise kids.

Its funny, the big McMansions going up in those areas (all over the south part of Springfield and on south, southeast and southwest of here), being from this area for quite some time, we still think of Ozark and Nixa as hickville. But, being from southern Missouri I guess we all qualify as hicks to one degree or another. (No offense to those of you from Ozark or Nixa, I'm sure its just a perception.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area