Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2007, 03:12 PM

54 posts, read 182,518 times

Advertisements

Does going from well water to city water do anything for the value of a house in springfield missouri?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 04:51 PM

19 posts, read 109,637 times
I know that its usually more desirable, I dont know if it really increases your value though.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:36 PM

Well I was just curious, I have both a well and city water on my property, And I was doing these home value sights and there is a spot for well water or city water bt not both.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:16 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,641,539 times
well water is a new concept to us as we just moved here from CA but it sure rocks not having a water bill every month! Frankly I don't really see how it could raise the property value any unless a potential buyer had some serious issues with a well in the past. The problem with city supplied water is they can raise the price whenever they want and what are you going to do? I noticed the city we used to live in back in CA recently announced a 30% raise in water rates

Old 05-26-2007, 07:59 PM

100 posts, read 494,858 times
Probably not. Remember, city water IS well water. While city water is more reliable (electricity goes out, you still have water), the cost of well water is usually less.

The only reason I could think of is if someone really wanted floridation or something.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:06 AM

Please remeber, You do pay for well water, Just in electricity usage. Being 90% of the wells are deep wells around here, nothing under a 1 horse motor will do, there for everytime that pump runs, you are paying for anywhere between 2 to 10 minutes possibly more of 8~12amps 240volt service., Yes it uses more than you think, Are first month of using just city water are overall bill was actually $20 less even with the water. Also it costs ALOT more to maintain a well than it really EVER does city water. And Most of these heavy duty pumps have troubles starting with alot of backup generators. You never know if there is little something something little in your well because it is indeed not treated, And when there is you don't find out until you have been drinking it a while. Unlike general plumbing well service is not something alot of people can do them selves, So if you have an emergency your screwed if its on the weekend or a holiday, And I have found most of the well service people around here are A-holes. and I could probably come up with more.

With that said, I still do have to agree with you, Despite it all, I enjoy my well water more than I do the city. I however have to disagree that wells are the end all that is, Like alot of people seem to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area