Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 06:51 PM

3 posts, read 6,768 times

Advertisements

we are thinking of moving to clever mo. can anyone give us the pros and cons of this area? thanks

Last edited by wjl927; 02-04-2010 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: mispelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 07:33 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,425,690 times
You would be better served by taking some time to tell people what you're looking for. Once we know more about you and your needs, we can offer insights that will be pertinent to your search.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:56 AM

1 posts, read 2,474 times
Clever is a great place to live. The town still has a small-town feel, and the entire town pulls together when necessary. The schools are great. The teachers really seem to care whether or not the students succeed. The main complaint heard about the schools is that they are "too strict," which as a conservative parent, I don't mind a bit. Academic teams, basketball teams, cheerleaders, the band and other competitive groups usually place very high in competitions. The only disadvantage with the schools is that there are not as many classes at the high school level to choose from as at larger schools. The location is great, being close enough to Republic, Nixa and Billings to participate in events in those towns as well as being a comfortable distance to Springfield for larger events.

A few websites you might visit to get a feel for the town are:
http://helloclever.wordpress.com/author/helloclever/
www.cleverbands.com
www.clever.k12.mo.us

Last edited by temp216; 02-05-2010 at 11:11 AM.. Reason: Adding information

Old 03-01-2010, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 4,128 times
I agree with 8 Snake, if you were more specific about a few points, your question would be easier to answer. I've lived in the Clever area for more than a few decades, and can tell you there are more than a few quirks to this community.

Pros:
small town living
country atmosphere
caring people

Cons:
small town living (everyone knows your business)
country atmosphere (and all the smells, animals, and machinery that comes with it)
caring people (as long as you are white, christian and straight)

As for the schools, that's a hard one. Most people will tell you they are great, I don't quite agree with that assessment. If you have an exceptional child or one that wants to pursue anything arts related, then you would be better off in Nixa, Republic or Springfield.

So what do you need to know? Ask away....

Old 03-21-2010, 07:17 AM

3 posts, read 5,232 times
Clever is a beautiful area and friends tell me the schools are great. It has the feel of country living while being within easy driving distance of larger cities like Springfield, Branson and Republic. It's also close to a national park, the Wilson Creek Battlefield, a historic and scenic area where a great battle of the civil war was fought. It's close to rivers that are great for canoeing. I like the area a lot. The only downside I'm aware of is that over the past few years, it seems that it's had way more than its share of very violent storms. I used to board my horse in this area and the barn was completely destroyed on two occasions within a three year span. This was on the Clever/Billings dividing line. If you move there, a home with a basement is certainly recommended.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:23 PM

59 posts, read 125,358 times
Clever is a ok place to live but as mentioned before it is backwoods. No Trader Joe's or Starbucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area