Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 02:36 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
I recall this topic ( defending your home) being discussed on late night radio about 40 years ago.

Larry King was an unknown who had a late night radio show. ( very liberal in his views)

Larry was stating that you only could shoot an intruder if you could prove he was intentending to harm you ( and not just steal things)
A guy with a southern accent called in and disagreed. Larry King asked him---" is your TV worth taking a man's life " ?

The caller said-----" why don't you ask the robber if my TV is worth risking his life" ?

Of course, Larry King got mad and hung up on him.
LOL! Reminds me of a conversation I had when I was a cop. A multi-termer was talking with a newcomer when I walked up.

He said to the youngster, "Officer ____ here understands that when I come in through his door or window and steal his television it's nothing personal. I just need to get something to sell to buy my drugs."

I agreed with the seasoned offender and responded, "That's right! Just like he understands that when he comes through my door or window to steal my TV and I blow him back outside with my .357 magnum it's nothing personal. I just need to protect what I worked for."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 10:52 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,632,726 times
May the Lord have mercy upon the tainted soul of anyone who makes the fatal mistake of breaking into my home and forces me to put an end to their nefarious existence here in this most beautiful part of our wonderful country.

That said, I do hope y'all are truly mentally prepared to do the deed if in fact someone decides to violently breach your safety zone because the 'event' probably won't be like anything you could have ever imagined.

This lady is a great example of what happens when it really, honestly comes down to hammer time....

Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 AM

Location: Branson-Hollister-Kimberling City-Blue Eye-Ridgedale
1,814 posts, read 5,380,482 times
Unhappy Oh, my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
This lady is a great example of what happens when it really, honestly comes down to hammer time....
Country girls will survive...

They say it's really hard to get over killing someone...even if you're justified. I hope I never have to be in her flip flops...!

Old 03-16-2010, 09:27 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,182,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post

They say it's really hard to get over killing someone...even if you're justified. I hope I never have to be in her flip flops...!

---"really hard to get over killing someone"---

Even harder to get over someone killing you.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:03 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Junkie View Post

I also hope you don't. But the reality is that some people just need killin'.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:43 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,380,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by da jammer View Post
Good for her for being prepared. And the saying goes.... "You don't buy a gun to get into a gunfight. You buy one to be ready".

It's a good thing for ladies to own guns to be able to protect themselves.

Plus I find the idea of chicks packing heat incredibly sexy.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:41 AM

321 posts, read 837,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Here's a story from KY3 television that tells what happens when you break into a home in southern Missouri.

An excerpt:
Two men are in custody after a home invasion on Wednesday night in which a man in the home shot and wounded at least one of two masked invaders. City police say two men broke into a home in the 1300 block of East Calhoun Street near Rogers Avenue about 11 p.m. Police say one man was armed with a large knife.
In Phelps County, if you break into a home, your fate could be worse. I recall two instances, one in Rolla and one outside Rolla, in which home invaders were shot dead.

I hope you transplants share our respect for privacy and security.
You're a fool if you think transplants are the only ones that are breaking into homes.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Is there a place in the country where home defense like this is NOT legal? I am pretty sure in most places this is legal.
Yes, that are still a lot of places in this country that do not have the castle law/doctrine in effect.

The Castle Law

Old 03-19-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
Well, I sure hope you are right and that no resident in the United States has ever been prosecuted for defending his home.

Blind again I see. There have been hundreds if not thousands of cases of prosecution over the years. Not all states have this law, which you now know.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:05 AM

Due the amount of information listed, I think this may be beneficial for those reading or for future readers of this thread. Be sure to check any and all references when reading through this and any other Wikipedia entry.

Castle Doctrine in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area