Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 10:46 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,425,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUBear42 View Post
I'm no newbie! I run the largest website for MSU fans and LOVE Springfield (have lived here for 25 years, now). I'm allowed to criticize Springfield, it's where I was raised and it's where I'll raise my children, I just want the best for this city.
You joined the forum less than a month ago.

I never said that you couldn't criticize Springfield. By the same token, people can offer opinions about your posts. Don't let it ruffle your feathers so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 01:16 PM

57 posts, read 165,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I actually consider things like this important. I know it sounds silly. But having "things to do" like mini golf, go-carts and water parks, increases the quality of life of an area from dating 16 year olds to a family looking for something to do together. Springfield is plenty large enough to sustain basic entertainment optons like what the OP is talking about regardless of what's in Branson. Maybe it's time to start thinking entrepreneurship?

I'm game

Old 05-06-2010, 07:17 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUBear42 View Post
What large town has a MSA of nearly 500,000?
??? Springfield has no where near 500,000 people.
According to the Springfield Business Development Corporation, Green, Christian, Polk, Dallas, and Webster counties COMBINED have a population of over 430,000 people. (They call it a metro area, but it's not, because Springfield is not a city.) Springfield itself has a population of 156,206.

Springfield Business Development Corporation

The population of Kansas City, MO (not the 5 county surrounding area, JUST Kansas City), is 447,306. They have Worlds of Fun.
Kansas City (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

I'm not against water parks or miniature golf. (I love miniature golf.) But Springfield just isn't big enough for something like a water park.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:52 AM

1,238 posts, read 4,469,458 times
Does Springfield have any public pools with those big waterslides and other toys? I think Lamar put one in a few years ago. It's not the same as Oceans of Fun, but at least it's something.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:42 PM

57 posts, read 165,772 times
Not that I'm aware of. Again, the outer communities have the best pools. Branson, Nixa, Ozark, and Republic have really cool slides.

Actually one pool in Springfield at the Chesterfield Family Center has a slide that goes outside the indoor pool and back in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area