Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 PM

28 posts, read 70,520 times

Advertisements

Springfield must be one of the largest cities in the US not to have a water park. But then when I was thinking about that, it's pathetic that a city this size has only ONE putt putt course in city limits now and that's fun acre, a dump!

What's the deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 08:14 AM

419 posts, read 1,177,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUBear42 View Post
Springfield must be one of the largest cities in the US not to have a water park. But then when I was thinking about that, it's pathetic that a city this size has only ONE putt putt course in city limits now and that's fun acre, a dump!

What's the deal?
It's on their list - right after changing all the farm road signs and getting a grocery store on the north side.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:44 AM

1,238 posts, read 4,453,031 times
I think the proximity to Branson has something to do with it. Too much competition to lay out that kind of start-up money.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermouse View Post
It's on their list - right after changing all the farm road signs and getting a grocery store on the north side.
If you wanna be a jacka$$ I'd be more than happy to leave this site.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:26 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,400,465 times
Quote:
If you wanna be a jacka$$ I'd be more than happy to leave this site.
If you look back through a few of your posts with unbiased eyes, I think you'll understand why Silvermouse made that post. To be honest, I thought it was hilarious.

I'm not trying to attack you and I doubt that Silvermouse was either. You have just pointed out a few of your perceived shortcomings with this area in a manner that might rub some people the wrong way. I doubt that you intended to be abrasive, but no one likes it when newbies (to the area and/or forum) come in and tell everyone what's wrong with their town. Calling them names and volunteering to leave doesn't help much either.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:16 PM

I'm no newbie! I run the largest website for MSU fans and LOVE Springfield (have lived here for 25 years, now). I'm allowed to criticize Springfield, it's where I was raised and it's where I'll raise my children, I just want the best for this city.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:54 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,015,028 times
Quote:
I'm no newbie! I run the largest website for MSU fans and LOVE Springfield (have lived here for 25 years, now). I'm allowed to criticize Springfield, it's where I was raised and it's where I'll raise my children, I just want the best for this city.
lol I think that is the problem...Springfield is not a city. It's a large town. Most large towns do not have water parks. Many large towns do not have miniature golf, either.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
lol I think that is the problem...Springfield is not a city. It's a large town. Most large towns do not have water parks. Many large towns do not have miniature golf, either.
What large town has a MSA of nearly 500,000?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:11 AM

57 posts, read 165,115 times
I think the fact that Branson is so close has something to do with it. We live in Nixa and can just about reach Branson as fast as center Springfield anymore.

I agree that Fun Acres is a dump, but it's better than nothing. Have you tried the Grand Prix 160 Racing on 160 (Campbell) heading to Nixa? My son and I have a blast on the go carts there. The mini golf is not anything to scream about, but it's something.

We had a nice mini golf place at Swing Right golf which is all the way down National almost to where it runs into Campbell. It's been for sale for awhile now.

I think the fact that White Water is so close hurts our chances for a water park. There is also another water park by Osage Beach.

I think that with Branson now having an airport, that it would be in Springfield's best interest to get more things of this nature. We'll see. This new 60/65 development could be interesting.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:48 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,693,095 times
I actually consider things like this important. I know it sounds silly. But having "things to do" like mini golf, go-carts and water parks, increases the quality of life of an area from dating 16 year olds to a family looking for something to do together. Springfield is plenty large enough to sustain basic entertainment optons like what the OP is talking about regardless of what's in Branson. Maybe it's time to start thinking entrepreneurship?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area