Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 06:22 AM

15 posts, read 48,970 times

Advertisements

Area Residence and Business Owners,

What can you tell people about the positives of your community. What does your city and surrounding communities have to offer over other similar areas: up and beyond the seasonal entertainment. Lets hear why you love this area...

A different approach looking for your reasons to why anyone would choose to move either family or business to your region and area.

What is sooooo good to offer any advantage if any???

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 07:50 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,562,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGreatDay View Post
reasons to why anyone would choose to move either family or business to your region and area.

[/font]
What do you have to offer the community? What is sooooooo good about having you live in the area?

Ask not what your city, county, region or state can do for you; ask what you can do for your city, county, region or state.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:06 PM

Well sure is nice to have the reply, but no need to sound offended, as the message is to stimulate you to give your positive input to your area.
I do not live in the area, but interested; so asking your local area residence for their true honest input to the areas interest, things to do, housing, business, etc. What are the advantages the area has to offer.
Thank you for your response just the same. Have A Great Day!

Old 05-09-2010, 07:25 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGreatDay View Post
Area Residence and Business Owners,

What can you tell people about the positives of your community. What does your city and surrounding communities have to offer over other similar areas: up and beyond the seasonal entertainment. Lets hear why you love this area...

A different approach looking for your reasons to why anyone would choose to move either family or business to your region and area.

It's still enough wilderness to not have to see another human being if you don't want to (at least at my house). There are minimal building codes (Stone County), and the cost of living is fairly low (if you live frugally).

Those are the high points for me, anyway. YMMV

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-10-2010, 06:25 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Why do people regard minimal building codes as being a great thing ?

Old 05-10-2010, 06:27 AM

Yes, love the idea of the wilderness and its beautiful scenery in which you have (i am jealous). Sounds like you really are happy with your area, but being a little closer to the city, people, and schools is probably more appropriate for my family and I. A happy medium I suppose...

Thank you very much for your valuable input as it is highly appreciated.

Have A Great Day!!!

Old 05-10-2010, 07:25 AM

419 posts, read 1,182,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarksboy View Post
What do you have to offer the community? What is sooooooo good about having you live in the area?

Ask not what your city, county, region or state can do for you; ask what you can do for your city, county, region or state.
Ha! Good point, OB.

Old 05-10-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Why do people regard minimal building codes as being a great thing ?
Well, I cannot speak for anyone else, but for me it allows me the freedom to build WHAT I want WHEN I want. For instance, we are planning to build a "bum shack" down by our creek to camp in. If we had building codes here, I would be required to have a permit and have it "inspected" before we could use it. Now before you jump on the "building codes protect people" bandwagon, I can assure you that I am NOT going to try to sell my bum shack as a three bedroom ranch house with a view! So I don't think that people need to be protected with building codes. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-10-2010, 10:33 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times
Where will the " bums" come from to live in that " bum shack" ?

Old 05-10-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Where will the " bums" come from to live in that " bum shack" ?
My "inner bum"... LOL

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area