Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 05:21 PM

22 posts, read 65,310 times

Advertisements

i still need legal counsel in the so. utah region. as i mentioned i would prefer a non-biased representation if that exists. i appreciate any feedback i recieve. thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 07:05 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,525,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkat View Post
[i] still need legal counsel in the [southern] [Utah] region. [As][i] mentioned[,][i] would prefer a non-biased representation [sic] [,] if that exists. [i] appreciate any feedback [i] receive.[sic] [Thank] you[.]
I was under the impression you were referred to an attorney by Casselli’s; I now assume that counsel was not to your liking. If I recall correctly from your original post, you were seeking a non-LDS attorney, which I assume translates into your quest for a “non-biased” representative. I have some suggestions; hopefully, they will be of assistance.

You will have some difficulty finding a non-LDS attorney. It’s not that they don’t exist; it is a matter of advertising. Unless an attorney advertises as LDS or non-LDS, you won’t know one way or another until you ask them. I ran a Google search for “non-LDS attorneys in Utah” and found nothing useful. I was, however, referred to your original post.

So, first you need to decide what kind of attorney you need, such as a family, criminal, or contract law attorney. Once you have made this decision, go to the phone book and start calling attorneys who specialize in the area of law in which you need assistance. Once you have them on the line, ask them whether they are LDS. You might also try a legal referral service, but I doubt they will know the religion of an attorney unless he or she so advertises.

Now, for some final comments, you assume much in believing that a LDS attorney will not serve you in keeping with the law and without prejudice. In addition, you assume much in believing that a non-LDS attorney will serve you any better. You need to be more concerned with the competency of your selected counsel than his or her religion. I have some experience with attorneys, and I can tell you that incompetence is not an infrequent problem, and religion does not seem to be a factor in this issue.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:26 PM

Default assume

well from the tone of your message you seem to assume much. you and are rather condescending in nature. Why? i have engaged various attoney's in that area. much to my dismay... each and everyone did not represent my case in a manner that was not biased toward the mormon religion.... i have contacted the bar association in salt lake, no help.... i have posted online... again no help...i have contacted the catholic church organization in utah.. no help.. hmm... let see i have spent hours online trying to find a non mormon lawyer soo...there you have it! and the casselli's.. well i posted back my great interest but i guess that we had a failure to communicate or i have erred somehow in the process of answereing the nice reply from them. i am still interested in what they have to offer so do not presume....please... i sense that you are irrated by the fact that i asked for a non biased counsel? your tone was somewhat curt and pedjudiced. my experience has been quite awful and very expensive. do not presume to know me and why i would ask for a particul type of attorney.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
well from the tone of your message you seem to assume much. you and are rather condescending in nature. Why? i have engaged various attoney's in that area. much to my dismay... each and everyone did not represent my case in a manner that was not biased toward the mormon religion.... hmm... let see i have spent hours online trying to find a non mormon lawyer soo...there you have it! and the casselli's.. well i posted back my great interest but i guess that we had a failure to communicate or i have erred somehow in the process of answereing the nice reply from them. i am still interested in what they have to offer so do not presume....please... i sense that you are irrated by the fact that i asked for a non biased counsel? your tone was somewhat curt and pedjudiced. my experience has been quite awful and very expensive. do not presume to know me and why i would ask for a particul type of attorney.

I am simply telling you the way it is. Next, because you write, "much to my dismay... each and everyone did not represent my case in a manner that was not biased toward the [M]ormon religion. [i] have contacted the bar association in [S]alt [L]ake, no help.... [i] have posted online... again no help... [i] have contacted the [C]atholic [C]hurch organization in [u]tah[,] no help..," I must come to the conclusion that you have your answer. The outcome you desire is not in keeping with the statutes and codes of Utah and the United States. You assume your desire or perspective in the issue at hand is in conformance with the law, and it appears such is not the case. Simply stated, you don’t have a case.

It would be interesting to read about your legal issue. Perhaps someone could direct you to an appropriate source once they have been able to review the legal issues.

Old 11-10-2007, 12:27 PM

again thank you. but i still say you are assuming too much. sometimes it is difficult to see things from all sides of a perspective. it is a difficult issue as i have said. again, thanks for your imput.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:01 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
Quote:
again thank you. but i still say you are assuming too much. sometimes it is difficult to see things from all sides of a perspective. it is a difficult issue as i have said. again, thanks for your imput.
I am NON LDS NON resident of St George but a frequent visitor and I think Sarg gave you EXCELLENT advise.....it may be that you won't be satisfied until you get an answer you like and that just may not be possible. i.e. you 'case' may not be winable.

Sorry but that's the way it is in the real world.....just because we think we have been wronged doesn't mean it's so.

Old 11-10-2007, 05:43 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Why don't you try an attorney in Nevada..maybe Mesquite or Vegas...its a bit farther, but when we had our trust done last year in St. George, our attorney was licensed in CA and UT..if you want pm me and I can get the number to you....I assume he was LDS was did an excellent job for us and seemed very non biased towards us...

Simple answer.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:56 PM

95 posts, read 476,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I am NON LDS NON resident of St George but a frequent visitor and I think Sarg gave you EXCELLENT advise.....it may be that you won't be satisfied until you get an answer you like and that just may not be possible. i.e. you 'case' may not be winable.

Sorry but that's the way it is in the real world.....just because we think we have been wronged doesn't mean it's so.
As you stated " you are only a frequent visitor". There is a BIG difference between being a resident and a visitor. Unless you live here and find yourself on the other side of the fence, you have no idea how it can be..and neither does Sarg.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:34 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,275,534 times
Ditto Casselli's...

Old 11-13-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Casselli's View Post
As you stated " you are only a frequent visitor". There is a BIG difference between being a resident and a visitor. Unless you live here and find yourself on the other side of the fence, you have no idea how it can be..and neither does Sarg.
I beg your pardon. I am a resident, or have you forgotten that reality? If you mean the other side of the fence to mean non-LDS, then you are partially correct; however, I only see Biblical End Times wailing and gnashing of teeth from a very small minority on the other side of the so-called fence. This fact continually leads me to the conclusion that some people need to change the direction of their index fingers by 180 degrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George