Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 09:10 PM

6 posts, read 14,474 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am planning on moving to the St.George area end of the month,
and would like to rent a house or apartment 1-3 bedroom within say
1/2 hour of St. George, preferable someplace scenic , near the mountains, mountain bike and /running trails
would be nice.
Seeking suggestions from residents that have explored
areas around the St. George area, also suggestions on finding
a rental once I decide on an area, For now all I have is craigslist,

Thank you in advance,

Last edited by BonneRisque; 05-02-2015 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2015, 10:51 AM

102 posts, read 244,548 times
There may be some places next to snow canyon. It would be amazing to live next to snow canyon. Im kind of in the same boat because I want to move down there too and I want the same thing as you. I have been researching apartments and there seems to be some next to snow canyon. There is also Hurricane. You might be able to find one closer to the mountains or something. Hurricane is s short drive from St George.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:48 PM

175 posts, read 595,106 times
BonneRisque,

Your challenge will be to find a rental in a rural area (well depending on how rural you're talking). For example, New Harmony is 30 minutes north of St. George at the base of the Pine Mountains and is rural, but there are no apartments. You're only hope would be to find a rental home. Same goes for places like Diamond Valley, Dameron Valley, Toquerville, Leeds etc.

Based on your criteria, my recommendation is also the Hurricane/LaVerkin area. More of a small-town feel than 'rural', but closer to what I think you're looking for. It's a scenic area and I assume it might have more rental options. When you say near the mountains, are you wanting to be 'on' the mountain or just have a view. The whole St. George area is surrounded by mountains so you get the 'near' the mountains feel. But, if you want to live 'on' the mountain, then that takes you more than 30 minutes away to places like Central, Pine Valley or Duck Creek. Higher elevation brings a more snow/winter.

Hurricane/LaVerkin also gets you close to some of the best mountain biking and hiking trails in the world. You literally have Gooseberry Mesa, JEM etc. in your back yard. Zion is 30 minutes away for hiking and there are tons of trails all around.

Besides craigslist, you might try searching for St. George Property Managers, check the classifieds in St. George News - Home, or contact a few realtors to see if they have any recommendations (clients wanting to rent etc.). Some realtors don't mind helping since it builds a relationship and when you're ready to buy home later, you think of them.

Good luck!

Old 05-06-2015, 10:43 AM

1,286 posts, read 1,481,880 times
Gunlock, Kayenta (the real winner), Diamond Valley, Silver Reef.

Old 06-06-2015, 05:08 PM

6 posts, read 14,474 times
And thank you ! for all the very helpful response's

Old 06-07-2015, 07:51 AM

61 posts, read 90,114 times
If I might just add ... Cedar City being a college town has apartments and is quite a bit cheaper than St. George for renting. I don't yet live there but I am actively looking, and Cedar City has the added benefit of being north and quite a bit higher altitude wise, so temps are cooler than St. George. Of course that might not be a benefit in the winter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George