Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2010, 08:18 PM

419 posts, read 1,332,273 times

Advertisements

This afternoon I received a press release from a casting producer for High Noon Entertainment who stumbled upon my blog. HGTV is launching their 9th season of their hit show "My First Place" and is looking for first-time home buyers in the St. Louis area right now! Quite exciting!

Per the info, they are looking for fun, high-energy people who are just starting the home-buying process for their first place and would like to share their story with HGTV. Their goal is to capture all the trials and tribulations of looking for, bidding on and buying your first place. Taping takes place this summer. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic buyers with a great story to tell and a desire to share their experiences. Singles, couples and families are all invited to apply! Candidates who complete taping will receive a surprise housewarming gift as part of the show and also a DVD copy of their episode to document their first home buying experience for all time!

DM me for more info...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 02:38 PM

FYI- Copy of the application I just received over email from my contact...

Questions:

1. Current Contact information for each (adult) homebuyer:

Name:

Current Address:

City:

County:

State:

Zip:

Cell Phone:

Work Phone:

Home Phone:

Email Address:

1a. Second Contact (If applicable):

Name:

Address:

City:

County:

State:

Zip:

Cell Phone:

Work Phone:

Home Phone:

Email Address:

2. Is this your first place (i.e. the first time you’re buying a home of any kind)?

3. What type of home are you looking for (single-family house, duplex, condo, townhouse, etc.)?

4. In what area or areas (neighborhoods, districts or suburbs) of Austin, Boston, San Francisco or St. Louis do you hope to find a home?

5. What is your deadline to be out of your rental? How firm is this deadline? Do you already have a closing date?

6. Are you working with a real estate agent? If so, please include their contact info. If not, do you plan to use an agent in the process?

7. Who is buying the new house? What is your relationship (married, dating, living together, etc.)? Please list any kids and/or pets involved, and their ages as well.

8. If you are buying as a single, you'll need to arrange to have a trusted friend join you for the house hunt, and numerous key scenes through closing. This person will serve as your sounding board. He/She needs to be comfortable on camera. Who will be your sounding board?

9. Why are you choosing to buy now?

10. Describe what kind of living situation you are in now. (i.e. we live in a 600 ft, 2-bedroom, 3rd story walk-up apartment, etc.)

11. Describe the home you are looking for in the same way. (i.e. I am looking for a 1600 sq. ft., 3-bed, 2-bath single-family home with a big backyard, etc.) Include any unique features or quirks that you may be looking for in a home.

12. Why is it important to you to become a homeowner?

13. Describe in detail some of the financial hurdles you may have to clear in order to qualify for a mortgage?

14. Have you been pre-qualified or pre-approved for a loan? If so, for how much?

15. How much is your current monthly rental payment?

16. How much do you want to pay on your total mortgage payment? (principal + interest + taxes + escrow + PMI).
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
17. If your mortgage payment is more than your rental payment, what sacrifices will you make to pay for the monthly increase? Will you have to give up luxuries?

18. In the show, first-time homebuyers disclose specific financial information, typically including down payment amount, the final purchase price of the home and the monthly mortgage payment. You must be comfortable sharing this info. Are you comfortable sharing this information with the world?

19. If you are buying with a spouse or partner: What will be easy to agree on?

19a. What decisions are tough to agree on? (i.e. bid price, saving money, style of house, location, etc.)

20. What is most exciting for you in this process?

21. What is your biggest fear about buying your first place?

22. Tell us why you think you’ll have a high tolerance for having a camera crew follow you around during the potentially stressful period of buying your first place?

23. What is something unique about you that would make you a good person to feature on our show?

24. Have you ever applied to be on an HGTV show before?

25. Have you seen a recent episode of My First Place?

26. How did you find out about this opportunity?

**Please include a photo of yourself and any family members or friends you expect would join you in this adventure!

Old 07-16-2010, 03:05 PM

448 posts, read 1,458,095 times
How exciting for St Louis!

Old 07-16-2010, 09:31 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
meh, if they arent going to use local designers I'm not excited.
Sorry.......

Old 07-17-2010, 07:16 AM

It isn't a design show. It follows a 1st Time Home Buyer to capture the entire process - from looking at houses and making an offer to inspection and close.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:47 AM

1,912 posts, read 4,686,641 times
This makes me sad I'm not a first time homebuyer....I have an odd obsession with HGTV!

Old 07-17-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieNeno View Post
It isn't a design show. It follows a 1st Time Home Buyer to capture the entire process - from looking at houses and making an offer to inspection and close.
I NEVER watch HGTV anymore, so am not familiar with the show....
Are they talking to you about being the realtor or homebuyer on the show?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:04 AM

This casting producer stumbled upon my blog somehow and sent me all of the info, asking me to please send it to my clients and place a blog entry. THere hasn't been a press release that has gone out to the entire real estate community in StL that I am aware of. I am fairly certain that I would have seen it, if so, as I work out of the Corporate Headquarters of the largest local company?! I guess they choose to do it this way, finding possible people over the internet, so they aren't 100% overwhelmed and INUNDATED with aps and calls!?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
meh, if they arent going to use local designers I'm not excited.
Sorry.......

FYI KSHE- random but cool...

The Riverfront Times tweeted the other day that 2 St. Louis designers will be featured on the new season of Project Runway, starting next week!

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2010/07/two_stl_designers_to_compete_on_project_runway.php

Old 07-18-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieNeno View Post
FYI KSHE- random but cool...

The Riverfront Times tweeted the other day that 2 St. Louis designers will be featured on the new season of Project Runway, starting next week!

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2010/07/two_stl_designers_to_compete_on_project_runway.php
Awesome, thanks!
I keep forgetting about the Times, thanks for reminding me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: