Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:53 AM

308 posts, read 426,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbonesSTL View Post
I would most definitely move from St. Charles to Kirkwood. No questions asked. Kirkwood is pricer but has better small town feel. My gf's daughter went to their school's for years & they have a great school system to top it off. I feel it's safer as I know St. Chas has some shady areas, Kirkwood really doesn't.
Meacham Park is right next door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 09:58 PM

263 posts, read 528,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyc0803 View Post
Meacham Park is right next door.
Actually Meacham Park is technically a part of Kirkwood. So yes, Kirkwood does have some shady areas within the city limits.

However, I'm in agreement with most of the other posters - Kirkwood over St. Charles by a wide margin. I wouldn't limit yourself to Kirkwood though. Also consider Webster, Clayton, U City, Richmond Heights, Brentwood.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:28 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,521,657 times
I'd really have to know where in St. Charles you're currently living to make comparisons to Kirkwood, but it does seem that you live in the older area -- probably St. Charles schools. If you're in Francis Howell's schools, Kirkwood SD wouldn't be a significant step up.

Kirkwood is a nice, family oriented, walkable area, and it's MUCH closer to downtown St. Louis, so if those are things you are looking for, I would definitely suggest Kirkwood. Also look at Webster Groves (which I actually like better).

Old 09-04-2010, 10:02 AM

3 posts, read 3,892 times
We are in the old part of St. Charles. We like where we live, house, etc. but are concerned about schools a lot. If we stay in St. Charles we'd most likely end up in FH school district as it's better than the schools where we are now. That part of St. CHarles is more suburbia-feel to me--not that that's bad, it's just not what I prefer. I am noticing price-wise Kirkwood is more, but am not surprised due to proximity to city and school district.

Old 09-04-2010, 10:03 AM

3 posts, read 3,892 times
Default good ideas

THanks everyone for being so helpful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis