Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 12:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,322 times

Advertisements

Gonna be moving to St. Louis for work, and I just have a few questions about some of the apartments in the area. I would be looking for a 1 bedroom with the normal amenities like dishwasher and a laundry facility. I've been looking at apartmentguide.com, apartments.com, rent.com, and apartmentreviews.com. I've read here that the best neighborhoods are in CWE, University City, and Clayton. Clayton is a bit out of my price range. I've found a few that would fit my needs and am curious if anyone has any experience with these places.

Park Forest Apartments - nice pictures, amazing reviews, low rent for a 1 bedroom, centralized location.

Bonhomme Village Apartments - nice pictures, good reviews, alot higher rent than Park Forest, good location, slightly further away from work (25 minute commute)

Stanford Place Luxury - slightly cheaper than Bonhomme but more than Park Forest, nice pics, washer/dryer in unit as apposed to the laundry facility, about the same commute as Bonhomme

All three places have Uverse available...gotta have high speed internet and good cable.

If anyone has some other places that are nice or have better amenities that I might have overlooked I would appreciate the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 01:27 PM

1,783 posts, read 3,874,648 times
Those are great areas, but certainly not the only areas you could look at. Many apartments in south St. Louis are preferrable (in my opinion) because rather than being these huge complexes, you have 2 and 4 family flats that give you amentities like washer/dryers (usually coin-op or hookups), backyards, basements, sunrooms, off street parking, and still close to all the fun stuff to do. You will find these places all over south city. The best south city neighborhoods are Soulard, Lafayette Square, St. Louis Hills, Holly Hills, Southampton, North Hampton, Lindenwood Park, Clifton Heights, Dogtown, the Hill, Southwest Garden, and Tower Grove South.

Here's a great example of what I'm talking about: * * Very large, very unique apartment!!* * (http://stlouis.craigslist.org/apa/1883878392.html - broken link)

I can't say whether or not any of those places you are looking at are good, but the CWE, U.City, and Clayton are great areas to look at as well.

Here's an example:

Old 08-06-2010, 02:24 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,513,065 times
I definitely suggest looking at Craigslist and, if possible, driving around the neighborhoods you like and looking for "For Rent" signs. Redbrickstl.com is a property management company with quite a few listings and a nice Web site as well.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:38 AM

18 posts, read 43,858 times
Park Forest is a little gem of a community along River Des Peres Blvd. -- 10 minutes from Arsenal and walking distance to Metrolink. Hampton Gardens is a good deal at Hampton and Fyler -- fourplexes set on lots of acreage near a nice park. My personal favorite is Tower Grove South -- a rehab area with lots of affordable rentals, mostly duplexes, in walking distance to restaurants along Grand. Hard to find availability, though. Check Craigslist, and drive around. It will be worth the extra work. Good luck!

Old 08-09-2010, 08:52 AM

1,521 posts, read 3,585,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoxing View Post
Those are great areas, but certainly not the only areas you could look at. Many apartments in south St. Louis are preferrable (in my opinion) because rather than being these huge complexes, you have 2 and 4 family flats that give you amentities like washer/dryers (usually coin-op or hookups), backyards, basements, sunrooms, off street parking, and still close to all the fun stuff to do. You will find these places all over south city. The best south city neighborhoods are Soulard, Lafayette Square, St. Louis Hills, Holly Hills, Southampton, North Hampton, Lindenwood Park, Clifton Heights, Dogtown, the Hill, Southwest Garden, and Tower Grove South.

Here's a great example of what I'm talking about: * * Very large, very unique apartment!!* *

I can't say whether or not any of those places you are looking at are good, but the CWE, U.City, and Clayton are great areas to look at as well.

Here's an example:
For transplants moving to the area I always suggest a larger apt complex, especially if they have a common rooftop, pool, or meeting space. It's just so much easier to meet people and get connect that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis