Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:34 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times

Advertisements

I really think it was the way your framed parts of your question that rubbed me (and obviously others -- even Dinsdale who is openly hostile about St. Louis on a regular basis!) the wrong way.

That said, I'm more than happy to give you the benefit of the doubt. Moving to a new place can be overwhelming and you want to make the right decision -- I definitely get that!

The crux of my initial post stands however -- I truly believe you will be fine.

In fact I think you'll be much better off than in Vegas (which, presuming from your handle is where you currently are). I have a friend who moved there to go to UNLV 7 years ago and I think she's growing tired of the party scene and the guys who frequent them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 08:24 AM

264 posts, read 700,538 times
lol

Old 10-29-2010, 09:02 AM

But seriously if you are looking for intellectual people just hit up the local Bar Louie.

The intellectuality is so overwhelmingly superior that I sometimes fear the thought of these people someday inventing the next alternative to fossil fuel or an antidote to AIDS or even worse the next atom bomb.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:38 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,010,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespicableMe View Post
But seriously if you are looking for intellectual people just hit up the local Bar Louie.

The intellectuality is so overwhelmingly superior that I sometimes fear the thought of these people someday inventing the next alternative to fossil fuel or an antidote to AIDS or even worse the next atom bomb.
have you been speaking to the after midnight intellectuals in legion halls?

Old 10-29-2010, 01:23 PM

^ That's actually another good place to meet people fitting her description.

Last edited by DespicableMe; 10-29-2010 at 01:32 PM..

Old 10-29-2010, 01:31 PM

May be my sarcasm failed there but seriously if I had a chance to go to a top 5 med school in the nation, the lack of smart people in the opposite sex would be the last factor I'd take into consideration.

Just my opinion.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:58 PM

Who said anything about med school? The OP said grad school. Wash U has a very competitive grad school (hell, they're competitive in everything they do) but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of other very good places the OP might be considering.

And one benefit of the St. Louis dating scene that I lightly touched on earlier is that most of the men I know of that age range aren't horrifyingly opposed to something serious as you see in some larger more "trendy" "shiny" places. I think this is a much harder city to move to if you are a man looking for casual dating. But a woman looking to meet a guy with whom she can be serious? That shouldn't be a problem at all.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:22 PM

263 posts, read 530,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtacos View Post
Original poster, you aren't off to a good start here. Washington D.C.??? Original poster you are aware of the tons and tons of young professional transplants that come and go each year in and out of D.C. Working dircetly or indirectly for this little thing called the federal government??? These people come from all over the U.S. And all over 7 continents too. You can count on less than one hand the amount of other U.S. Cities with the similar amounts of educated professionals. And, as stated, many are transplants and use dating sites to meet members of the opposite sex. D.C. Is all about power, power, power. Job title, all having to do with federal government.
People come from Antarctica to work in DC? WOW!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:13 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,658,299 times
I'm a 25 year old single male and I've had a tough time meeting anyone here in STL so far. I don't know how it is for single females here though.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
I'm a 25 year old single male and I've had a tough time meeting anyone here in STL so far. I don't know how it is for single females here though.
Where are you living? And if you share some of your interests we might be able to come up with suggestions. I think as the weather grows colder it can get more difficult to get out there, but I'm sure we can come up with a few suggestions for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
View detailed profiles of: