Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 12:39 AM

266 posts, read 462,548 times

Advertisements

I'm starting to think everything in this city is old and run down. People keep referring me to places that look old and dirty.

Anyway, my new apartment building doesn't have laundry service. Can someone please recommend a laudromat in St. Louis that's clean? I live in Clayton now.

The laundromat I've been to is just not up to par. The washing machine has ruined my bras (the wires are twisted). I value my clothes. The machines there seem to be too rough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 09:03 AM

1,521 posts, read 3,587,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetMeinSTL View Post
I'm starting to think everything in this city is old and run down. People keep referring me to places that look old and dirty.
Like anyone is going to help you after a condescending comment like that.

It's really unfortunate that so many people in this young generation associate everything old with being run down and dirty. Old typically has character, charm, and a much higher quality than much of the crap built today.

Are you always such a diva?

Last edited by moorlander; 11-19-2010 at 10:15 AM..

Old 11-19-2010, 10:12 AM

Location: Shaw, St. Louis/West Ridge, Chicago/WuDaoKou, Beijing
292 posts, read 870,093 times
Old stuff is the greatest. I myself hate new homes that look like they could b blown over by a gust of wind I prefer my city pre-war buildings and the charm of old neighborhoods. Neways is the place at the corner of westwood and wydown a full blown laundromat or just a dry cleaner I can't picture it in my head for some reason. There is one by the kaldis on demun I used to go to

Old 11-19-2010, 11:18 AM

1,563 posts, read 3,859,363 times
MeetmeinSTL doesn't have the best track record with this forum. Most of the OP questions are idiotic and can be answered using google. This city is old, its one of the coolest things about it. All of my favorite cities in the US happen to be old: New York, Chicago, STL, New Orleans and San Francisco. I prefer the character and charm of the older neighborhoods any day. If you think Clayton is old and dirty, you need to move to Phoenix.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:53 AM

787 posts, read 1,408,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetMeinSTL View Post

Anyway, my new apartment building doesn't have laundry service. Can someone please recommend a laudromat in St. Louis that's clean? I live in Clayton now.

The laundromat I've been to is just not up to par. The washing machine has ruined my bras (the wires are twisted). I value my clothes. The machines there seem to be too rough.
Your first mistake (as pointed out previously) is dissing the entirety of St. Louis.

Your second mistake is putting underwire bras into a commercial washing machine. Ever hear of hand washing your delicates?

Please use Google before you ask a Google-able question.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:40 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,528,355 times
I hand wash all delicates. At a bare minimum you should put them in a linens bag that zips up.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:55 PM

24 posts, read 58,776 times
For future reference, you can purchase a delicates laundry bag at Target for $6-8. Mine is circular, each end zips open, you insert your bras, rezip and toss in the laundry. Your bras will never be ruined again.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:14 PM

264 posts, read 698,478 times
Ok, am I the only one seeing a dirty joke in the original post?

Old 11-19-2010, 05:15 PM

419 posts, read 1,328,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I hand wash all delicates. At a bare minimum you should put them in a linens bag that zips up.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:40 PM

266 posts, read 462,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inahandbasket View Post
Your first mistake (as pointed out previously) is dissing the entirety of St. Louis.

Your second mistake is putting underwire bras into a commercial washing machine. Ever hear of hand washing your delicates?

Please use Google before you ask a Google-able question.

My bras aren't underwire. I'm talking about the hooks. Also I can ask whatever I want here so deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis