Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2011, 11:50 AM

2 posts, read 6,260 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to rent an apartment in St. Louis. Just a small efficiency or studio would be fine. I probably won't relocate for about another year so I have plenty of time to search for a good place. I've been researching apartments, but I've seen a trend of leasing companies with really bad reviews. For example Mills properties or Front door leasing. Does anyone know of a good leasing company or somewhere reliable that I can go look for apartments? If it makes a difference, I prefer the Central West End or somewhere around there. Fairly safe and gay friendly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2011, 07:28 PM

55 posts, read 197,847 times
I have been using upper end properties. They seem nice so far.

Old 02-20-2011, 12:37 AM

156 posts, read 288,680 times
I currently rent from the following management company, Gateway Select Properties:

www.gatewayselect.com

I've been with them for years, however the lady who originally started the company just moved on so I honestly cannot tell you how it will be from here on out. My lease ends in August and I plan on leaving St Louis (not for bad reasons, just ready for a change). I've also heard about this leasing company, Garcia Properties; don't know much about them but they have nice apartments:

www.gpstl.com

I have lived in South City St. Louis for six years now. While you may want to start out in CWE, I'd suggest that once you get here, get settled and become more familiar with the area, that you start looking south. South city is very diverse, but at the same time you don't know what you're going to get from one block to the next, so you have to really get familiar with the area. Also, there are alot of private owners this way so the gem you may be looking for will not be listed on the internet. There are alot of classic, beautiful apartments over here near the Tower Grove area. I stay closer to The Hill, a historic Italian neighborhood (just throwing out a few names to help you out). Compton Hill is a nice area as well. All in all, the CWE is okay to start out with but they do have alot of unreported crime around there to maintain the reputation of the area (my brother in-law works for the police department so I do know this for a fact).

These areas are not far from the CWE; I'd say roughly 10-15 minutes away. Every area has a couple of rough spots, but it REALLY is nice over here; I stay in a four family flat right now and my downstairs neighbors are gay (we both moved in at the same time, two years ago). There are people from all backgrounds that stay on my street/in my neighborhood and I love it. Very quiet and family oriented. I wouldnt have stayed this long if I didn't feel safe as I have an eight year old and safety is one of my priorities. If I could pick this block up and take it with me I would lol. Good luck in your search and I hope this helps.

Last edited by maseyjean; 02-20-2011 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: The web addresses I included in my post does not look correct

Old 02-20-2011, 06:16 AM

529 posts, read 1,008,887 times
I would go to Craigslist OP. Individuals and the larger leasing agencies both list properties there and you might find something you like that you weren't originally considering, like a house or condo instead of an apartment.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:01 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
Red Brick has a lot of options in the city: Red Brick Management - St. Louis Apartments, Lofts, Office, Retail Spaces but I haven't personally rented from them.

I'll also say that I think all property managers have bad online reviews. Most people who have a great experience aren't terribly inclined to go online and talk the company up. It's more often the folks who had bad experiences, so I try to take them all with a grain of salt.

I've lived in a lot of apartments and I've had good landlords and bad ones, but whether I listened to my head or not, I typically knew within about 10 minutes if they knew what they were doing or not.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:39 PM

264 posts, read 700,368 times
I actually rent from Mills and they haven't been half bad. The leasing agents are cheesy and fake as hell but the repairs get done within hours.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,577 times
I've also heard Barron Realty in St. Louis is also a quality realty company serving lots of neighborhoods like Clayton, Demun, Dogtown, Central West End and Ballwin. They have very affordable and convenient locations around the city. [url=http://www.barronrealty.com]St Louis Apartments | Apartments for Rent in St Louis | Barron Realty[/url] if anyone is interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis