Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 03:41 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,942,046 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
Well- Webster Groves looks terrific!

Now i just need to know are their certain areas/neighborhoods in Webster Groves that are more desirable than others? Looking at houses for sale it seems that there are homes from the low $900,000 to $100,000 all in Webster Groves. That is a little confusing.

Please provide some details on the difference of: Webster Groves North; Webster Groves South; and Webster Groves Central. Any input on the where and why is much appreciated!

Also- does anyone know of any owners that are looking to do a lease option for their home in Webster Groves? Also- any Realtor recommendations?

Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:33 AM

132 posts, read 389,361 times
I can't provide any insight into which neighborhoods are more desirable, but I do have a realtor recommendation for you if you're looking to buy instead of rent: Sandie Hea / St. Louis Missouri Real Estate - The Sandie Hea Team Real Estate

I've worked with three different realtors over the last 8 years and have talked to many others in that time. Sandie was our agent when we sold a house three years ago, and she was by far the best realtor we've interacted with, and there are some good ones out in St. Louis! In my experience, she was the best contract negotiator and had the best insight about what a home should sell for in the changing economy, which should translate well for you as a buyer. She specializes in St. Louis City and the inner suburbs such as Webster Groves, so she sounds like she's right up your alley. She's up front on everything, and will tell you like it is, but in a professional manner.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,609,042 times
There are no bad neighborhoods of Webster Groves, so i wouldn't worry over that -- the differential in housing prices is going to depend mostly on three things:

1. Size -- there are huge variances in Webster Groves. There are small bungalows and large historic mansions.
2. Condition -- As with all older areas some homes have been lovingly cared for and others haven't been updated since the beginning of time.
3. Walkability -- pricing near downtown Webster Groves is definitely higher.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
There are no bad neighborhoods of Webster Groves, so i wouldn't worry over that -- the differential in housing prices is going to depend mostly on three things:

1. Size -- there are huge variances in Webster Groves. There are small bungalows and large historic mansions.
2. Condition -- As with all older areas some homes have been lovingly cared for and others haven't been updated since the beginning of time.
3. Walkability -- pricing near downtown Webster Groves is definitely higher.
Thanks for the input! I only got to drive around a small amount of Webster Groves and liked what I saw. I kinda thought the price differences were because of what you said- just wanted some verification from a local!

Also, there are homes that will say "st louis" instead of webster groves -but they use a webster groves zip code??

Thanks,

Old 06-13-2011, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCityGal View Post
I can't provide any insight into which neighborhoods are more desirable, but I do have a realtor recommendation for you if you're looking to buy instead of rent: Sandie Hea / St. Louis Missouri Real Estate - The Sandie Hea Team Real Estate

I've worked with three different realtors over the last 8 years and have talked to many others in that time. Sandie was our agent when we sold a house three years ago, and she was by far the best realtor we've interacted with, and there are some good ones out in St. Louis! In my experience, she was the best contract negotiator and had the best insight about what a home should sell for in the changing economy, which should translate well for you as a buyer. She specializes in St. Louis City and the inner suburbs such as Webster Groves, so she sounds like she's right up your alley. She's up front on everything, and will tell you like it is, but in a professional manner.
Thanks- I will keep her in mind when we're ready to buy. I think i want to rent for about 6 months or so; but it's always good to have a good Realtor first that knows the area.

Thanks,

Old 06-13-2011, 04:41 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,870,771 times
Webster Groves is fabulous

Old 06-13-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcitygirl View Post
Webster Groves is fabulous
I thought it seemed pretty great- any additional insights?

Old 06-13-2011, 05:40 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,686,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jribe View Post
Thanks for the input! I only got to drive around a small amount of Webster Groves and liked what I saw. I kinda thought the price differences were because of what you said- just wanted some verification from a local!

Also, there are homes that will say "st louis" instead of webster groves -but they use a webster groves zip code??

Thanks,
I don't really know what the deal is here--something to do with the postal service, I think. But you'll notice once you move here & get a driver's license, it will say "Saint Louis, MO 63119" and not "Webster Groves, MO 63119." I'm not really sure why a realtor would say St Louis and not Webster Groves--being in WG adds a lot of value.

We prefer the northern end of 63119, as its closer to work in Clayton, fairly diverse, and is pretty much right between hwy 40 & 44. That being said, we didn't have the $$ to live in Central WG.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:23 PM

787 posts, read 1,413,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jribe View Post
I thought it seemed pretty great- any additional insights?
I know I am the biggest cheerleader of U City but Webster Groves is a fabulous, Norman Rockwell type of STL inner ring suburb. I teach at Webster University, BTW, and love the surrounding idyllic area. You really can't go wrong with WG, especially if you can afford something near Webster U and the amenties along Lockwood Avenue.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:12 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,609,042 times
All St. Louis county mailing addresses can be listed as the municipality itself or as generalized St. Louis. There are so many small munis and the post office just goes by zip code anyway. You'll see it listed as both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis