Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 05:52 PM

35 posts, read 185,094 times

Advertisements

Does the Sprits of Saint Louis sound nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 02:52 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,779,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingfromatlanta View Post
In the world you and I live in, The Scottrade Center would be more than adequate. However, this is the NBA where 13 year old arenas are considered dinosaurs. Just ask Charlotte, Orlando and Memphis, all of whom had to upgrade from Scottrade Center caliber arenas to get or keep NBA teams.
You are kidding me right? I've been to Memphis' old Arena, Orlando and Charlotte....none of their old Arenas are even in the same breath as the Scottrade Center. None had anywhere near the number of luxury suites and club seats. .....Some Arenas were built poorly...including the ones you mentioned. There are a lot of miles to be had on the Scottrade Center.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:26 PM

37 posts, read 227,937 times
Default Yes But......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtacos View Post
You are kidding me right? I've been to Memphis' old Arena, Orlando and Charlotte....none of their old Arenas are even in the same breath as the Scottrade Center. None had anywhere near the number of luxury suites and club seats. .....Some Arenas were built poorly...including the ones you mentioned. There are a lot of miles to be had on the Scottrade Center.
The Pyramid was one of the coolest looking arenas I've ever seen. Were there problems with the way it was built? It really wasn't that old. I haven't set foot in the S'Trade Center yet. I'll take your word for it. Personally, I would rather have the MLS franchise.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:46 AM

Quote:
The Pyramid was one of the coolest looking arenas I've ever seen. Were there problems with the way it was built? It really wasn't that old. I haven't set foot in the S'Trade Center yet. I'll take your word for it. Personally, I would rather have the MLS franchise.
The Pyramid wasn't built for high end NBA style arenas.

How can you make posts regarding things you have never seen?....i.e Scottrade Center...etc..it's common on these forums...people who have so many opinions on places and things they have never seen. Amazes me.

As for the Scottrade Center itself....there isn't anything unique or exciting to it...but it is bigger and has more higher $ revenue options than Orlando's Arena or the Bradley Center in Milwaukee etc....and others. I'm not a big fan of it...but it does fine.

It was the host to Womens NCAA hoops National Final Four in recent years, and other exhibition NBA and NCAA games. My suggestion...go to Illinois v Missouri college hoops game there Dec 22nd. It sells out in 45 minutes...so tix will be your challenge...but that would be a good example of seeing a hoops game at the Scottrade Center.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:31 AM

37 posts, read 227,937 times
Default Sounds Like Someone Got E-coli

Quote:
The Pyramid wasn't built for high end NBA style arenas.

How can you make posts regarding things you have never seen?....i.e Scottrade Center...etc..it's common on these forums...people who have so many opinions on places and things they have never seen. Amazes me.

As for the Scottrade Center itself....there isn't anything unique or exciting to it...but it is bigger and has more higher $ revenue options than Orlando's Arena or the Bradley Center in Milwaukee etc....and others. I'm not a big fan of it...but it does fine.

It was the host to Womens NCAA hoops National Final Four in recent years, and other exhibition NBA and NCAA games. My suggestion...go to Illinois v Missouri college hoops game there Dec 22nd. It sells out in 45 minutes...so tix will be your challenge...but that would be a good example of seeing a hoops game at the Scottrade Center.
From eating some questionable tacos. I will now leave you and Archie Bunker(In-Ox) to preside over your little message board fiefdom without further input from me.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:01 PM

2,140 posts, read 4,431,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Amoakohene View Post
Does the Sprits of Saint Louis sound nice?
How about the St. Louis Stallions, perhaps? I think this was one idea bandied about for an expansion football team before the Rams moved from The Big L.A.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
How about the St. Louis Stallions, perhaps? I think this was one idea bandied about for an expansion football team before the Rams moved from The Big L.A.
Sound cool, you guys could galloping down the court .

Old 08-20-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
From eating some questionable tacos. I will now leave you and Archie Bunker(In-Ox) to preside over your little message board fiefdom without further input from me.
I'm not a fan of people who make comments on a place, good, bad or indifferent and a few posts later say....well...actually I have never been there...but ....

Why make any comments about anywhere if you have never been?

Old 08-21-2007, 07:21 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,883,986 times
Quote:
I'm not a fan of people who make comments on a place, good, bad or indifferent and a few posts later say....well...actually I have never been there...but ....

Why make any comments about anywhere if you have never been?
STOP FEEDING THE TROLL!

Old 08-21-2007, 09:55 AM

Lets get back on track guys, this is about your city getting an NBA team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis