Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 02:19 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,597,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
Memphis BBQ is just so much better than everywhere else's that they didn't even want to compare it on this list
Pappy's is Memphis style.

Could St. Louis really be home to the best Memphis style bbq (Pappy's) and the best Chicago style pizza (PI)? Probably not, but they're at least 'honorable mention.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 03:05 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,057,109 times
Keep in mind that this rating is nothing more than a popularity contest [anyone can go to zagat's site, register, and vote]... and esp. if Bryant is ranked that high,,, blah [Jack Stacks and OK Joe's are much better]. However, Pappy's [the 3 times I've been there] has been very good to excellent [besides the line ]. There are a couple other places that IMHO are just as good if not better too than Pappy's.

Oh,,, that Huffington Post article is incorrect too... Pappa's is NOT the top vote gatherer in the country - Zagat's doesn't rank by country, but by city.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:48 PM

156 posts, read 288,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcitygirl View Post
Other good STL honorable mentions for BBQ, Shaved Duck and Bogarts

I wish I had the chance to try Shaved Duck before I left

I tried Pappy's once and I have to say that I have had better BBQ, but that's just my opinion. The chicken was really tender though

Old 09-01-2011, 10:07 PM

37 posts, read 99,965 times
I respectfully disagree with this list. Pappy's is good but it's nothing compared to some BBQ joints I've been to in Texas. Texas brisket beats just about any food in general.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:23 AM

1,563 posts, read 3,872,047 times
I've been to Pappys twice, it was amazing. I have been to a few places in Memphis and Texas that were also very good. Last time I was in KC I had Gates, delicious.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:45 PM

506 posts, read 1,011,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
Pappy's is Memphis style.

Could St. Louis really be home to the best Memphis style bbq (Pappy's) and the best Chicago style pizza (PI)? Probably not, but they're at least 'honorable mention.'
Though I can think of plenty of places in Memphis that are better than Pappy's, as far as Chicago style pizza goes I have been to at least a dozen of Chicago's "best" pizza places and I have yet to have anything as good as Pi. Best pizza I have ever had, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis