Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:03 AM

1,563 posts, read 3,871,087 times

Advertisements

^Ha, Boomboxing is an important part of this forum. To say you won't step in the city limits is ridiculous and probably the most small minded comment I've heard in long time. I have lived in the country, suburbs, medium size cities and now STL city. I am a young white woman and have NEVER felt threatened or unsafe. Every major city has scary news, it doesn't mean the entire area is bad. You seem to be the troll in this situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 10:09 AM

831 posts, read 1,964,116 times
People who have emotional attachments to cities confuse me. I don't care who he/she is important to, nor do I care their opinions of ME. Have opinions about a city that are contrary to mine? Hooray! Express them like a human.

Like this...

St. Louis does show some bad, but it's good because....

Instead, TROLLS ATTACK PEOPLE for their opinions. Don't like mine? Do you think I give a flip? You overestimate your importance outside of an internet forum, folks.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:22 AM

1,563 posts, read 3,871,087 times
^Its not an emotional attachment, its just the ridiculousness of your statement.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:25 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,764,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
The water bill debacle -- is that still going on? The rounding up of water bills for donations? WTF was that about? If that had no resolution it will be included in my letter too.
I hope you realize that water bill rounding up is a standard practice available in nearly every single major city in the United States. That is not a practice unique to St Louis.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
Hi, pot. I'd like you to meet my good friend, kettle. Good grief. You took an on-topic thread and turned it into a cluster in the span of a couple hours -- that's quite troll-like of you, no?

Old 10-25-2011, 10:27 AM

831 posts, read 1,964,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
I hope you realize that water bill rounding up is a standard practice available in nearly every single major city in the United States. That is not a practice unique to St Louis.
Rounding it up and then not donating the stated (promised) proceeds is a standard in every major city?

Old 10-25-2011, 11:12 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,886,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
People who have emotional attachments to cities confuse me. I don't care who he/she is important to, nor do I care their opinions of ME. Have opinions about a city that are contrary to mine? Hooray! Express them like a human.

Like this...

St. Louis does show some bad, but it's good because....

Instead, TROLLS ATTACK PEOPLE for their opinions. Don't like mine? Do you think I give a flip? You overestimate your importance outside of an internet forum, folks.
Yikes. I strongly disagree with your assessment of St. Louis and it's people so that makes me a troll? Do you even know what a troll is? Yes I found your comment offensive and I responded with a healthy dose of hostility but it felt appropriate given the level of ridiculousness your post had.

And people who DON'T have emotional attachments to cities confuse me. To me a city isn't just a place to live. It's a place that has a unique sense of place, unique customs and traditions, and is a huge part of who you are. I'm sorry you don't understand, but I'm even more sorry you don't have an emotional attachment to wherever you're from or wherever you live.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:11 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoxing View Post
And people who DON'T have emotional attachments to cities confuse me. To me a city isn't just a place to live. It's a place that has a unique sense of place, unique customs and traditions, and is a huge part of who you are. I'm sorry you don't understand, but I'm even more sorry you don't have an emotional attachment to wherever you're from or wherever you live.
Ditto.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:21 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,925,582 times
He took a lot of heat for his comments but is he wrong? Bottom line...there are a lot of ignorant people not only in the city but in the entire country that need to be responsible and take care of their surroundings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis