Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 04:52 AM

529 posts, read 1,008,699 times

Advertisements

http://strayrescue.org/node/3468

Quote:
We don’t have a stray dog problem up North, we have a people problem. We probably have the worst animal abuse in the country, but it is like my own secret and burden. I guess I am asking for all of you who read this to speak up, insist that the city for once in its history puts some money into prosecuting and charging these misguided, immoral people. Tell the police to quit treating animal abuse like it is an inconvenience….I can’t do it alone, and it is lonely out there on the streets. I can’t keep taking dying dogs away just to see the abuser get another poor soul to torture. Our Boy’s killer said to us all she can’t wait to get a Yorkie next. God have mercy on that poor dog. The scary part is I am sure she will get one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 09:06 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
He wrote this shortly after he rescued 2 pit bulls that had been allowed to starve.... both were still alive when he got to the house to get them, but the "owner" had already thrown the male into the dumpster.... despite the best efforts of Stray Rescue's vet staff, the male was too far gone and died .... the female is still alive, so far......

the pictures of these dogs will tear your heart out.... and that woman wants a yorkie now.... .... HOW is she not being charged with cruelty??

Old 10-25-2011, 09:11 AM

831 posts, read 1,964,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
He wrote this shortly after he rescued 2 pit bulls that had been allowed to starve.... both were still alive when he got to the house to get them, but the "owner" had already thrown the male into the dumpster.... despite the best efforts of Stray Rescue's vet staff, the male was too far gone and died .... the female is still alive, so far......
I watch this gentleman on his FB page.

I've been ruminating on the idea of telling the mayor of St. Louis and the governor of MO my thoughts on why -- despite my father's best efforts to bring me there (to see the Arch, etc) because he lives close by in neighboring IN -- I won't set foot in that city.

Unless it's to meet and shake the hand and hug Randy Grim.

And the reason I wouldn't dream of dropping a dime in that city is because of the PEOPLE. That's a frightening group right there...more animalistic than the animals they're abusing.

The water bill debacle -- is that still going on? The rounding up of water bills for donations? WTF was that about? If that had no resolution it will be included in my letter too.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:18 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
in fairness to the city, Randy does most of his rescues in the northern areas of the city.... areas that are very depressed and poverty-stricken with all of the problems and social ills that go along .... the entire city is not nearly as bad as these areas.... nor is the entire metro area.... st. louis city and the surrounding st. louis county are "divorced" and the city is its own entity... difficult concept to explain...

ignorance and apathy are not limited to the city, though....

Old 10-25-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
in fairness to the city, Randy does most of his rescues in the northern areas of the city.... areas that are very depressed and poverty-stricken with all of the problems and social ills that go along .... the entire city is not nearly as bad as these areas.... nor is the entire metro area.... st. louis city and the surrounding st. louis county are "divorced" and the city is its own entity... difficult concept to explain...

ignorance and apathy are not limited to the city, though....
Absolutely 10000% correct....I'm in "the country" now and I'm concerned that ignorance is an airborne illness. Being surrounded by all this blissful ignorance is making me come out of my skin.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:31 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,887,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
I watch this gentleman on his FB page.

I've been ruminating on the idea of telling the mayor of St. Louis and the governor of MO my thoughts on why -- despite my father's best efforts to bring me there (to see the Arch, etc) because he lives close by in neighboring IN -- I won't set foot in that city.

Unless it's to meet and shake the hand and hug Randy Grim.

And the reason I wouldn't dream of dropping a dime in that city is because of the PEOPLE. That's a frightening group right there...more animalistic than the animals they're abusing.

The water bill debacle -- is that still going on? The rounding up of water bills for donations? WTF was that about? If that had no resolution it will be included in my letter too.
Wow, get a grip. Most people in St. Louis are nothing like the ones described in that letter. They are mostly very good people and there are a lot of very good qualities about St. Louis and the people that live there. To refuse to even visit because there are some bad people living there - well I guess you don't go anywhere then do you?

Old 10-25-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoxing View Post
Wow, get a grip. Most people in St. Louis are nothing like the ones described in that letter. They are mostly very good people and there are a lot of very good qualities about St. Louis and the people that live there. To refuse to even visit because there are some bad people living there - well I guess you don't go anywhere then do you?
Wow, get one yourself.

I'm sure there are qualities about St. Louis that should make it fascinating. Unfortunately bad news screams louder than good news, and that letter has nothing to do with it. I read St. Louis's news and it's quite scary. And when I read the alder-people (men/women) responses to such issues, it concerns me too (such as that donation fiasco). It's an entire culture of behavior I choose to avoid.

And I travel extensively actually, thanks for commenting.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:47 AM

Well I am certianly glad I am not so bold (kindest word I could possibly use) as to condemn an entire city's populace as animalistic based on what I read on the news. I could also link you to a bunch of stories highlighting the positive things going on in St. Louis but I suppose you are beyond hope with that kind of ignorance you are displaying.

Old 10-25-2011, 09:49 AM

You're looking for an argument so look elsewhere. I don't accommodate trolls.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:01 AM

Lol yeah I'm the one trolling...move along grasshopper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis