Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 11:36 AM

3 posts, read 4,968 times

Advertisements

My mom (82) and I are trying to replace her home that just burned on the Northside. I moved from Seattle to be primary caregiver but haven't lived in STL for 30+ years. She wants to be in/near the city and I want some diversity and character. We are temping in Florissant and that's just too far. Most places that look interesting have BIG houses. A little much for the 2 of us and she doesn't do stairs well. Any areas where I might do some searching?? I did see a few in Bel-Nor but I want to be open and keep to a smaller size and budget. Thanks in advance for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 12:08 PM

1,563 posts, read 3,858,925 times
I recommend one of the Southside neighborhoods such as Southhampton, Northhampton, Holly Hills or Princeton Heights. These hoods are filled with small, charming homes for a good price.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:15 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,521,657 times
It's hard to say without knowing her budget, but in addition to the neighborhoods stlcitygirl mentioned you could also look in Dogtown, Clifton Heights or the suburbs of Maplewood, Shrewsbury and Richmond Heights.

If you share how much you're looking to spend we can offer more tailored suggestions!

Old 12-22-2011, 02:32 PM

Thanks to both of you. I believe she got a settlement of about 80-90k and we plan to pay cash since I am not working yet. She lost everything in the fire, so we will have to get a little furniture because my stuff was on the moving van when I got the news about the fire (in October).

Old 12-29-2011, 07:35 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,521,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renapearce View Post
Thanks to both of you. I believe she got a settlement of about 80-90k and we plan to pay cash since I am not working yet. She lost everything in the fire, so we will have to get a little furniture because my stuff was on the moving van when I got the news about the fire (in October).
I just went through a couple of listing and selected a few -- there a ton of little houses in that price range! Best of luck and feel free to ask any specific neighorhood questions as you move forward in the process!

Coldwell Banker Gundaker -- Your site for St. Louis Real Estate

Old 12-29-2011, 10:31 AM

Default Great suggestions

Wow, those are really nice. I think we will drive by and look around. We are in temporary housing for another 1.5 months and I am getting a little anxious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis