Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 05:47 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times

Advertisements

Good grief… totally forgot to start this thread this year, and the season is ~⅓ of the way done. But, nevertheless the Boys are doing pretty good job so far, thanks be to Army bringing in Hitch, and Hitch's work with the Note. And what can you say about Elliot… wow. Nice win over Stars last night, not pretty, but they stayed with fundamentals (most part) and besides that durn stick buggering up our Captain's play at mid-ice, they looked good. Be an important week, with two games against Red Wings and one vs. Nashville [a nemesis].

For those that like "what ifs…", interesting look if there were no loser points granted: What the NHL standings would look like minus charity points - Puck Daddy - NHL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports Makes the Blues look mighty fine for sure. Just get some more goals via PP, and we'd be quite the gooder team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 06:34 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,092,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Good grief… totally forgot to start this thread this year, and the season is ~⅓ of the way done. But, nevertheless the Boys are doing pretty good job so far, thanks be to Army bringing in Hitch, and Hitch's work with the Note. And what can you say about Elliot… wow. Nice win over Stars last night, not pretty, but they stayed with fundamentals (most part) and besides that durn stick buggering up our Captain's play at mid-ice, they looked good. Be an important week, with two games against Red Wings and one vs. Nashville [a nemesis].

For those that like "what ifs…", interesting look if there were no loser points granted: What the NHL standings would look like minus charity points - Puck Daddy - NHL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports Makes the Blues look mighty fine for sure. Just get some more goals via PP, and we'd be quite the gooder team.
This is the best Blues team I've ever seen, and the first one to amass numbers like the team before the strike. For once, we are actually proving we can play with the big boys of the league. When we were good before, most of the teams we beat were average to bad. The good teams always kicked our butts. So far, we've beaten Pittsburgh, beaten Detroit in both meetings, beaten Philadelphia, beaten Chicago, beaten Dallas...since we've had Hitchcock, the only game we've lost badly to has been Chicago. Maybe this year will be THE year. About 45 years overdue for that Stanley.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 PM

1,783 posts, read 3,886,287 times
Haven't been able to watch my Blues like usual this year but when I've been able to watch them, they look great. Really excited to see if this team can sustain this momentum through the season. Either way I got an Oshie jersey for Christmas and I can't wait to sport it

Old 12-29-2011, 08:12 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,611,075 times
GO BLUES!

That is all.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:56 PM

2,941 posts, read 5,182,436 times
Sellout crowds: so I believe the Blues sold out every game last year (partly due to some promotions and ticket deals?). So this year I noticed the sellouts, 19,000 plus, continued, until a few weeks ago when a couple of weeknigvht crowds dipped to 18,800 or so.

This surprised me because they had played well since the coaching change.

Are Blues tix all of a sudden not in demand?

Old 01-05-2012, 09:10 AM

1,563 posts, read 3,871,087 times
^Blues are still very popular, not sure about that. I need to do my part and get up there.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:06 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,134 times
GO BLUES!!! Wish I could attend. Watch every game on NHL center ice. Lovin' this season. Can't wait for the playoffs!

Old 01-09-2012, 08:18 AM

^I really wish they did an online version like MLB.tv -- I have no problem paying $120/season to watch my Cardinals play and would be likely to pay about the same for access to Blues games, but I don't have cable!

Old 01-15-2012, 09:45 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,055,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
^I really wish they did an online version like MLB.tv -- I have no problem paying $120/season to watch my Cardinals play and would be likely to pay about the same for access to Blues games, but I don't have cable!
Mean like this: NHL GameCenter LIVE™ - Frequently Asked Questions

BTW - how about finally FINALLY getting a W with a shootout goal! Of course, they should have scored 3-4 goals that game, but Wild's goalie was outstanding,,, just hope him nor Rinne are that good if we match them in the playoffs, as esp. Rinnne seems to have our number. We must beat Detroit this coming week,,, that will be a test.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:52 AM

^How I missed that is beyond me. Thank you for the link!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis