Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 06:04 PM

32 posts, read 81,770 times

Advertisements

This is really just out of idle curiosity-- anyone know how much initiation fees are at the St. Louis area country clubs? Moving down from Chicago where they can be in the six figures (which is laughably out of my budget!), but grew up in southern Illinois where they were less than 5k. Just wondered where in the middle of those two St. Louis falls!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 07:14 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,688,883 times
My understanding is that they vary greatly--I'm pretty sure there are six-figure clubs around here, but I also know there were clubs that were hurting badly a few years ago with the recession, and were waiving initiation fees--many of my husband's co-workers considered/did join at that point.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:09 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gracie97 View Post
This is really just out of idle curiosity-- anyone know how much initiation fees are at the St. Louis area country clubs? Moving down from Chicago where they can be in the six figures (which is laughably out of my budget!), but grew up in southern Illinois where they were less than 5k. Just wondered where in the middle of those two St. Louis falls!
What are you looking for?

Are you looking to "rub shoulders" with St. Louis's version of high society? If so, the cost can be pretty similar to Chicago and that depends on whether you even have the connections to gain membership.

Are you looking to play golf on a daily/weekly/monthly bases or are you looking to play tennis?

Or are you just looking for a place where you can have a "social membership" where you will have access to the clubhouse which is great if you plan to entertain clients.

I would agree with billiken that now is the time to join a country club as a lot of the clubs are fairly desperate for new memberships in order to cover the fixed costs (and to avoid special assessments).

Make sure that you understand the fully loaded costs of memberships. Some of the clubs have some pretty hefty minimum requirements each month for food and beverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis