Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2012, 12:31 PM

4 posts, read 4,941 times

Advertisements

Hi all - just moved to the area and want to find a real estate website that shows current up-to-date home listings as well as all the other cool options to search for homes. I want to be able to search by specific area in St. Louis/St. Charles counties and also see the newest listings, etc.

Not a fan of using Listingbook or Realtor.com or Trulia, etc. I don't want to have to sign up with an agent either who gets to set the parameters for what I see. I want to have the control. I came from an out-of-state area that had a local realty company that had an awesome site. You could search by area, length of time on market - even search by subdivision name, street name, etc. If you created an account (just with name and email) you could even see sold homes and pictures of those homes as well as original listing price and sold price. It was updated almost as fast as the MLS system there too... Like I said - awesome! I can't seem to be able to find anything like it here though...

Anybody know how any local realty companies that have very informative, easy-to-use, and up-to-date real estate sites? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 01:00 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,623,677 times
cbgundaker.com

They don't list everything on the MLS but you don't have to register and there are a ton of parameters available to work within.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:00 AM

Thanks! That's definitely better than a lot of them.

Although I wish it or another site had the capability to show me sold properties along with their MLS description and pictures...

Also - what do you mean by they (cbgundaker) don't list everything on the MLS? Do you happen to know what kind of listings they leave off? (foreclosures or something like that?)

Old 01-24-2012, 11:34 AM

^I honestly think they just pick and choose based on their partners -- so you can guarantee all CBGundaker listings are on there, but outside of that it's more questionable.

I haven't used it, but what about Keller Williams' Web site. Have you tried theirs?

Old 01-24-2012, 12:16 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times
We used the cbgundaker site when looking for homes. Or realtor found one or two more for us, but every home we put a bid on we found on that site (and it was tough; took three full price bids to finally get an accepted offer).

Old 01-24-2012, 12:22 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times
Come to think of it, that might be a side effect. Everyone uses cbgundaker, so houses you find on there are getting a lot of traffic which means competing interest for good houses.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:29 PM

Very interesting... looks like between CBgundaker and Keller Williams I can find stuff. From what I can tell, neither website lists all listings... oh well - the search parameters are pretty decent though. Thanks!

Old 01-25-2012, 01:42 PM

^Best of luck. Let us know if you have any questions. We're awfully helpful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis