U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2007, 07:24 PM

1 posts, read 6,657 times

Advertisements

I'm going to St. Louis in February, finally, to see the Blues handily defeat the Blackhawks, but I have no idea which hotels are anywhere near the arena. I heard Sheraton, but they have no rooms for the days I need. Anything else? Please help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 06:57 PM

275 posts, read 1,066,452 times
Hi Keith. Try the Hyatt Regency St. Louis in Union Station. Walking distance to Scottrade and a nice hotel. Haven't stayed there, but good reviews and it is pretty. Also, the Drury Plaza Hotel is within walking distance and is next to Union Station. If you stay near Union Station, as you may already know, you can easily walk to Scottrade (although in Feb it is going to be a little chilly). I recommend going the name-your-price route on priceline. Just select 4-star hotel and put in your price. Select the downtown area. You may not get walking distance to the hotel, but i've had great luck in other cities getting outstanding deals for very nice hotels. And, if you save $50 bucks a night, you can cab it and still come out ahead!

Good luck and GO BLUES!!!!!! (Absolutely they will handily defeat the Blackhawks! - Hope to be there myself to see them get it done!)

Last edited by CellarBelle; 09-30-2007 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: duh... typo...

Old 10-02-2007, 04:26 PM

285 posts, read 1,018,524 times
There are 4 or 5 downtown Metrolink stations so just about anywhere you will probably be pretty close.

You might want to consider the Drury Inn at Union Station. It is a nice hotel, free drinks and popcorn (including alcohol from like 5pm-7pm), free breakfast buffet in the morning (with GOOD food, not a continental breakfast), and of course you are right by the Union Station metrolink stop....oh...and if you can avoid Union Station (the mall), do so. It is a touristy place with no shops of any use.

ANY Drury Inn is good. Drury is an awesome chain that is primarily in the midwest. 2 or 3 downtown I believe.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:20 PM

366 posts, read 1,653,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice13610 View Post
There are 4 or 5 downtown Metrolink stations so just about anywhere you will probably be pretty close.

You might want to consider the Drury Inn at Union Station. It is a nice hotel, free drinks and popcorn (including alcohol from like 5pm-7pm), free breakfast buffet in the morning (with GOOD food, not a continental breakfast), and of course you are right by the Union Station metrolink stop....oh...and if you can avoid Union Station (the mall), do so. It is a touristy place with no shops of any use.

ANY Drury Inn is good. Drury is an awesome chain that is primarily in the midwest. 2 or 3 downtown I believe.
I second this entire post. I love Drury Hotels too.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:04 PM

1,816 posts, read 5,450,034 times
I concur with Drury, Hyatt Union Station or Sheraton. If you are still seeking walking distance....seek the Hampton Inn or Courtyard Marriott on Market Street, within walking distance, not as close as the others, but doable. Also seek some of the other downtown hotels and many will provide shuttle service to games. Also many downtown bars provide shuttle service to games. The Scottrade Center is merely a few block ride to most downtown hotels...too long for a walk sometimes(sometimes not) but a very close little ride.

If still no luck....(not likely).....but if so, try anywhere near metro link stops.

Also, if for some reason you miss a shuttle or don't have one....and have to cab it....cab would only be a few blocks...very short, not costly....make sure that the doorman has one waiting for you...inquire about it right away when checking in.. St. Louis is a terrible cab town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis