Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 06:52 PM

2 posts, read 5,964 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband and I are getting transferred from Indianapolis to St. Louis. We live in a very suburban setting right now, and love it. We have been looking into moving to the Chesterfield area. We have a one year-old daughter, so schools and a family-oriented neighborhood are a must. We want to have her be able to have friends her age who live nearby. Are there any neighborhoods/subdivisions with houses ranging from the $275 to $400 range? We will probably contact a realtor soon when we know more details about moving. Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 PM

1,912 posts, read 4,688,883 times
Plenty of houses in that range in Chesterfield, and other nearby towns with great schools.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:46 AM

1,563 posts, read 3,873,079 times
Chesterfield is a very nice suburb, if that is what you are looking for, you will probably love it.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:27 PM

551 posts, read 3,123,188 times
Agreed. Chesterfield is a very nice 'burb, yet only about 30 minutes from downtown St. Louis. There's a lot of new development in Chesterfield, and you'll have every chain you could possibly think of nearby, as well as a good mall. I'd bet it would be a good, solid choice for someone with young kids.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:29 PM

50 posts, read 82,429 times
Chesterfield is cute but it has a lot of traffic. Olive and Woods Mill can be very busy.

Another option to consider would be Wildwood (not as big, not as much stores nearby), Saint Peter's, and Des Peres.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:11 PM

3 posts, read 4,500 times
Default Villas at LaDue Bluffs

Welcome to St. Louis! You'll like Chesterfield; there's a lot to do with young children. I suggest that you check out the subdivision at the intersection of LaDue and Olive; there are many families with young children and the kids all know each other and play together. The houses are also within your price range.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:07 PM

3,483 posts, read 9,018,326 times
Olive Blvd between I-270 and I-40 can be pretty traffic filled at the rush hours, but it's pretty clear besides those times. I could make my way from Creve Coeur to Wildwood in about 15 minutes during off peak hours. Wildwood is a great area, but it's a tad further out than much of Chesterfield (which you'll go through or pass on the way). If you're commuting to downtown, odds are you'll be on I-64/40, which isn't a bad commute. It'll back up going West bound (commute home) between 5-6pm from about I-270 to Hwy 141...there are minor bogs that'll happen prior to that, namely around Clayton Blvd as you exit the city, but for the most part it should be smooth sailing through central corridor.

I don't think you'll have any issue finding a home in that price range, and you'll likely find great family friendly neighborhoods in just about every subdivision in Chesterfield.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:54 PM

69 posts, read 176,531 times
If I were you, I'd check out western and southern Chesterfield.. closer to Wildwood. You would definitely find a lot of great subdivisions. I don't know if you're looking for a huge subdivision, but Cherry Hills in Wildwood is very nice. It's within walking distance of Wildwood Town Center, which has a large grocery store (Dierbergs), Starbucks, a movie theatre, and several other shops. They're in Rockwood schools and there are also quite a few great private options nearby. The only major drawback is that their is no highway access nearby, but it's literally a few blocks from Manchester road, a major street that runs from the city all the way through the county.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:10 PM

787 posts, read 1,414,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAangel9190 View Post
If I were you, I'd check out western and southern Chesterfield.. closer to Wildwood. You would definitely find a lot of great subdivisions. I don't know if you're looking for a huge subdivision, but Cherry Hills in Wildwood is very nice. It's within walking distance of Wildwood Town Center, which has a large grocery store (Dierbergs), Starbucks, a movie theatre, and several other shops. They're in Rockwood schools and there are also quite a few great private options nearby. The only major drawback is that their is no highway access nearby, but it's literally a few blocks from Manchester road, a major street that runs from the city all the way through the county.

Just a warning: if Manchester Road is your only major thoroughfare you need to be zen with gridlock east in the morning and west in the afternoon/evening, plus gridlock during the weekends along Manchester. Believe me. We lived close (north) to Manchester but had an alternate route (Clayton for east/west) to travel to specifically avoid Manchester at those times.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:45 AM

58 posts, read 134,845 times
is it me or does Chesterfield people seem to think they're Californians? Just seems like a much different culture in West County, not a lot of mature trees either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis